Park City, UT – A parade and celebration on Park City’s Historic Main Street will be held on Tuesday in honor of the Utah Olympic and Paralympic athletes who competed in the 2010 Winter Games.nJunior athletes from the Utah ski resort town’s local winter sports clubs will accompany the Olympic and Paralympic athletes from their respective disciplines during the parade.
“Park City is proud of its athletes who competed during the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games,” said Bill Malone, President and CEO of the Park City Chamber/Visitors Bureau. “It’s inspiring to see the men and women who live or train in Park City compete in an internationally recognized event. These athletes deserve to be applauded for their brilliant strength and spirit during the Games, and we hope to remind Utah’s past, present and future Olympians that their community is rooting for them all the way.”
The parade will begin at the top of Park City’s Historic Main Street at 5:30 p.m. and conclude at the Town Lift Plaza with a celebration featuring autograph signings and photo opportunities with the athletes as well as a performance by the School of Rock Show Band.
Athletes scheduled to attend include:
- Shannon Bahrke (Moguls) – Bronze Medal
- Rebeckah Bradford (Long Track)
- Brett Camerota (Nordic Combined) – Silver Medal
- Tucker Fredericks (Speedskating Long Track)
- Travis Jayner (Short Track) – Bronze Medal
- Anders Johnson (Ski Jumping)
- Ted Ligety (Alpine Skiing)
- Heather McPhie (Moguls)
- Catherine Raney Norman (Speedskating Long Track)
- Steve Nyman (Alpine Skiing)
- Nick Pearson (Speedskating Long Track)
- Jeret “Speedy” Peterson (Aerials) – Silver Medal
- Lacey Schnoor (Aerials)
- Bill Schuffenhauer (Bobsled)
- Greg Shaw (Paralympic Sledge Hockey – Gold)
- Jeremy Teela (Biathlon)
- Bryon Wilson (Moguls) – Bronze Medal
This celebration of present and future Olympians will be hosted by the Park City Chamber/Visitors Bureau, Youth WinterSports Alliance and Park City Municipal Corporation.