Salt Lake City, UT – Spring has arrived this week in Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, and with it traditionally comes powdery days, bluebird skiing and unlimited opportunities to take in the good life.
“Spring conditions will be prevalent for the rest of this week with high temps in the valleys in the low 60s, and 40s up on the mountains,” confirms Evan Thayer of wasatchsnowforecast.com. “Maybe time to think about beginning the transition to Spring recreation for a bit until snow returns… or, enjoy a different kind of winter recreating with corn snow and tailgate BBQ? Around the 15th, both major models show a storm perhaps dropping into the area. We will have to watch that.”
On average, 6.7 feet of snow falls in the Utah mountains during April. With Brighton Resort already at 555 inches of snow for the season to date, already well over their annual average of 500 inches, and with most of Utah’s resorts having well over a 100-inch base, this spring is shaping up nicely for the latter part of the ski and ride season.
In addition to an abundance of snow and bluebird ski days throughout the spring months, Utah resorts have scheduled countless spring deals and events, including Snowbird’s spring pass options. Snowbird traditionally offers skiing and riding through Memorial Day, and sometimes later during big seasons like this one and 2010-11, when Snowbird’s lifts last kept spinning through July 4th.
Pond Skimming is part of the 16-day Spring Grüv event series at Park City Mountain, which also includes concerts and other fun activities. Spring Grüv runs from March 25th – April 9th. Brian Head will also be hosting a Spring Carnival April 1, with lots of activities to be enjoyed with the family, and the following day (April 2) head over to Beaver Mountain, to participate in the annual Beaver Bash and pond skim.
No Utah skier wants this season to end, but here are the estimated closing dates at resorts across the state to help plan that trip:
|Snowbird||No set closing date|
Utah Spring Deals
The Alta Lodge Ski Week includes everything and the kids stay free:
- 7 nights lodging
- breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- 6 days of lift tickets for Alta (Alta/Snowbird upgrade extra)
- 6 days high end demo ski package with skis, boots and poles
- round-trip airport shuttle
- all taxes, and service charge on lodging and meals
The cost is $3,000 per person double occupancy, or $4,143 single occupancy in a standard room during regular season. Other room types and seasons are available at different rates.
Also, when you book a standard room for four or more nights April 2-16, two children ages 12 and under can stay in the their parents’ room at no additional charge, breakfasts and dinners included. This represents a savings of over $200 per night. Check out our free Kids’ Club.
Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge
Boasting the best location in Alta, room rates at Goldminer’s Daughter include a full breakfast and four-course dinner.
Goldminer’s Girls Getaways April 3-6 include:
- Four nights lodging, three days skiing
- A boot-fitting welcome party
- Two-day workshop with the Alf Engen Alta Ski School
- Three days of demo rentals from Motherlode Powder House
- Breakfast and dinner each night of your stay
- Two days of lunch vouchers valid at the Slope Side Café
- 45-minute yoga workshop each morning
Alta in April At Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge, April 3-5 includes:
- Free room upgrades (based on availability)
- 4 days for the price of 3 on high performance ski demos from Motherlode Powder House
- Free kids’ ski rentals at Motherlode Powder House (140 cm and under)
- Kids (12 and under) stay free
- Each guest will receive a $10 food gift card at check-in for use in the Slope Side Café or Goldminer’s Saloon.
April lodging rates at Goldminer’s Daughter are already discounted 15% off regular season rates. Call (800) 453- 4573 to book.
Book a minimum of two nights and get daily Snowbird lift tickets per adult at rates starting at $105. Kids 12 and under ski free for every night of their stay with this package valid April 2-May 6.
Sundance Mountain Resort
Take an extended stay this spring to enjoy bluebird ski days and the rustic elegance of Sundance Mountain Resort. Through the end of the season, book three nights and receive a fourth night free (blackout dates apply):
- Fourth night free with a three-night booking
- Two ski/lift passes per room for each day
- Lodging gratuity (bell staff, concierge, housekeeping)
- Complimentary wellness classes
- Wireless internet access
Book online or call (888) 965-7046.
Solitude Mountain Resort
Experience Solitude Mountain Resort during the late winter season period and receive 20% savings on ski/snowboard rentals and lodging at a wide range of accommodations managed by Solitude Resort Lodging. Solitude’s Late Season Value Package is valid March 26 – April 16. A minimum night stay is required and varies by property and date. Based on availability; cannot be combined with other offers.
Lakeside Properties in Ogden Valley
Guests who book a three-night in March receive two free lift tickets to Snowbasin. Click here for more details.
Park City Mountain
Beginning March 25, Park City Mountain will host its 10th annual Spring Grüv. The 16-day event will feature daily activities at both resort base areas including the 21st annual Pond Skimming competition on April 8 and free concerts headlined by Crystal Fighters and MAGIC GIANT. The Pond Skimming Contest is Park City’s most popular party and is the true indicator that spring has arrived. Contestants must dress in costume (the funkier the better) as they attempt to cross a 100-foot pond on skis or a snowboard.
Park City’s Spring Ski Stay & Savor offer includes up to a 40% discount on lodging, breakfast for two daily, and specially priced package lift tickets (a minimum of one multi-day adult ticket is required).
Simply book a minimum three-night stay between March 1 and April 16 and receive a $200 Delta Air Lines travel voucher. After you have received your lodging confirmation number, click here to redeem your electronic gift card.
If you book your spring lodging package of at least three nights between March 1 and April 16 at a participating lodging property in the Park City area, you get your final night free. Guests planning a trip to Park City this spring can take advantage of Secret Season Saving of up to 30 percent on lodging with rates starting at $111 per night. Finally, you can leave your skis at home because you can save up to 20% on rental skis and snowboards at Park City Mountain this spring by reserving online at RentSkis.com.
Waldorf Astoria Park City
Stay at the Waldorf Astoria Park City this spring and receive two complimentary lift tickets and a $50 resort credit per night of your stay. Or choose the Ski.Spa.Après package that includes a $50 food and beverage credit and $50 spa credit per night. Both are featured here.
Deer Valley Resort
Book Deer Valley Resort’s Late Value Package during the late winter season period March 26-April 16 and receive 25% savings on lodging and lift tickets at a wide range of accommodations managed by Deer Valley. A minimum of two lift tickets total must be purchased with this package. There’s a minimum night stay requirement that varies by property.
Save 15% on a minimum three nights lodging when you book your Deer Valley Resort’s Spring Lodging Special, valid March 10-25.
Or kids under 12 ski free (one per paying adult) and save 20% on lodging, lift tickets and kids’ ski rentals with the Late Season Family Value Package valid March 26-April 16. With family-friendly amenities including an outdoor pool and hot tub, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, in-town shuttle and an onsite restaurant and rental shop, all within close proximity to Snow Park Lodge and ski school, the Lodges at Deer Valley and Silver Baron Lodge are convenient choices for families vacationing at Deer Valley Resort.The purchase of two lift tickets is required, as is a minimum night stay that varies by property.
Montage at Deer Valley
Late season at the Montage at Deer Valley include:
- Family Float-in Movie – movie night in the indoor pool at Spa Montage. Floats and snacks are provided.
- Family Tubing Party – outdoors at Montage’s Powder Park tubing hill. Fat tire bikes will be available in addition to the tubing, as well as s’mores by the fire pit and an outdoor bar. The tubing hill will be lit up with colorful lights to celebrate the season.
- Montage Generations – Après Lounge will officially turn into the Après Lounge & Beach Club this spring. They’ll be serving Veuve’s newest lavel, Rich, mountainside with local Utah garnishes, creating a champagne mixology experience.
- Ski & Hike – Experience an elevated adventure on the ski slopes of Deer Valley followed by a hike through the arches and red rocks of the southern deserts with Montage Expeditions. Add this excursion onto your family’s ski vacation to create a unique experience that encompasses Utah’s amazing National Parks.
- Easter in the Mountains – Annual Easter festivities include the Bunny Bowl (bowling in Daly’s for prizes), Easter Egg Hunt, Egg Decorating and grand buffet in Apex.
Pond Skimming Dates
- Brian Head 4/1
- Beaver Mountain 4/2
- Park City 4/8
- Mar. 2-Mar. 5 King of the Wasatch (Park City)
- Through Apr. 2 Après Live Music (Park City)
- Mar. 10-11 Wasatch Powder Keg (Brighton)
- Mar 11. Nordic Center’s Annual Spring Fling (Solitude)
- Mar. 11 Spring Stampede (Powder Mountain)
- Mar. 11 – Demo Day to Benefit Ogden Valley Adaptive Sports Foundation (Snowbasin)
- Mar. 15 – Wild Women’s Ladies’ Specialty Clinics (Beaver Mountain)
- Mar. 17 – St. Patrick’s Day Party (Snowbasin)
- Mar. 18 – Wasatch Showdown (Powder Mountain)
- Mar. 25- Apr. 8 – Spring Grüv (Park City)
- Mar. 25-Mar. 26 – Subaru Winterfest (Snowbird)
- Apr. 1 – Spring Carnival (Brian Head)
- Apr. 8 – Alta Demo Day (Alta)
- Apr. 15 – Kid’s Easter Festival (Brian Head)
- Apr. 16 – Solitude’s Easter Egg Hunt and Ski with the Easter Bunny
- Apr. 16 – Easter Bunny Visits Deer Valley
- Apr. 16 – Easter at Snowbird