check this out!!!!

joegm

you guys gotta check this site out
http://www.mogulexperience.com/

click on the small british flag to change it to english... could this casue the rebirth of bump skiing :p be sure to let the video clip load... this is going to the gm at loon now....remember , they made fun of halfpipes in the beginging too

Something that every ski school should have. One of my biggest peeves when I taught was trying to teach bump skiing since few mountains see the need to allow bumps on beginner and intermediate terrain. Bringing bump newbies to steep natural bump terrain doesn't work too well and leads to disappointed and humiliated students.

I'll forward this to the director of skiing operations at Hunter.

very cool! hopefully something every ski area will hopefully eventually add to one or two sections of trails for learning bumps.

so what ski areas have begginer bumps, i think sunapee does a good job, but with the lack of natural snow they are ussually rock hard, and sugarloaf has a little mogul field on whiffiltree but it is so small.... thats all i can think of that have really easy bump runs... sugarloaf should set up some bumps on boardwalk for begginers

The video clip was from an indoor ski area. Nonetheless the message should apply to any area with limited vertical (like your Toronto locals, Patrick). If natural terrain is limited, the areas need to manufacture challenge. Same principle as the terrain parks.

As I have mentioned before, this is not necessary at big western mountains because there is adequate variety of natural moguls.

I agree with Tony's comment about small vertical.
Within a two hour drive, you get only huge machine made moguls that have bad spacing and get really icy when novices/marginal bump skiers (which is almost everybody around here...myselft included).

It would be so fantanstic to have bumps that stand up to abuse and don't lose all their shape, get too icy, are well spaced etc.....

They might even be able to hold a mogul comp!

Tony Crocker":rddhqusj said:
Nonetheless the message should apply to any area with limited vertical (like your Toronto locals, Patrick).
I agree, however the Toronto and Ottawa locals are definately NOT the same. Ottawa is 5 hours from Toronto and less than 30 minutes from the locals + 2 hours from Tremblant.

Jonny correct me if I am wrong, Toronto locals are 2 hours away and have the same vertical as the small Ottawa ones. No day trip possibility for the biggest stuff (ie. Tremblant or other).

Back