Once the kids get the hook, you get to ski more often

Patrick

JimG.":2osw7q8f said:
I do OK...trick is to get the whole family out there. I make up for my time off skiing in the spring/summer with home/landscaping stuff which I actually enjoy too.

100% agree with you Jim. Once the kids get hook, you definately end up going skiing more often.

You don't get the same vertical in your average day and not hitting the big areas as often. We got the youngest one on skis (2.5) on ski this March and the oldest one (7.5) is able to ski most runs now. If she continues on that trend, she 's the one that will have to wait for the rest of us in a few years. :lol:

Patrick":1m8c48oh said:
You don't get the same vertical in your average day and not hitting the big areas as often. We got the youngest one on skis (2.5) on ski this March and the oldest one (7.5) is able to ski most runs now. If she continues on that trend, she 's the one that will have to wait for the rest of us in a few years. :lol:

Yes, that will change as they get older. My 9 and 11 year old sons had their first real powder days this past March at MRG. Now they're bored with Hunter and want to ski in VT/NH every weekend.

And yes, you will soon have to ask your children to please slow down a little and wait for Dad.

So be careful what you wish for.

I was lucky to have an enthusiastic kid, totally capable of the big moutains at 7, when he skied 24 days and 420K vertical for the season. He has been doing the waiting since 14.

And yes, after learning at Mammoth and skiing the big places Adam became very picky about areas having a good chunk of steep terrain by age 10 or so.

Tony Crocker":6d31qesv said:
I was lucky to have an enthusiastic kid, totally capable of the big moutains at 7, when he skied 24 days and 420K vertical for the season. He has been doing the waiting since 14.

And yes, after learning at Mammoth and skiing the big places Adam became very picky about areas having a good chunk of steep terrain by age 10 or so.

My 2 1/2 year old is already totally into it, I think mostly because he sees his brothers doing it. It is a pleasure to have enthusiastic kids, and I'm proud that they want to challenge themselves. Neither my 11 nor my 9 year old has ever backed away from anything steep or bumpy.

The steeps and powder at MRG was the real deal though, and they ate it up. I think the runs we took in some of the lower angle glades there sealed the deal.

And what's great is that all of this is good for Dad's skiing jones!

JimG.":2bf3h6fg said:
My 2 1/2 year old is already totally into it, I think mostly because he sees his brothers doing it. It is a pleasure to have enthusiastic kids, and I'm proud that they want to challenge themselves.
Same here. I believe I mentioned this already in the Ski Technic Section last Fall. My oldest daughter always wanted to ski, we eventually gave in and got here on ski at 2 1/2. The youngest one was exactely the same, especially when she saw me and her oldest sister leave to go skiing every saturday morning.

:oops: we are a bit off topic here.

Kids are way cool when they can shred!
THey look like little remote controlled cars! LOL :lol:

b_46c4ac178b882be7c268c158d55a5475_1.jpg

Spring in Whistler is great for the kids. :p

this is the first year i really had to wait for my dad at the bottom of the lifts for a while.... and im 16 now. I remember when i skied gondi line at wildcat when i was 9 with moguls bigger than me... If i remember corectly i fell 30+ times and it took me over an hour :D but still loads of fun

Back