Epic Pass

jojo_obrien":1y2gdgp5 said:
Considering this costs half the price of a day of heli skiing............it sounds pretty dang good to me.

The general gist is..... yes, pretty dang good for the average skier who plans to hit at least 10-12 days at those places. However, just remember that they sell a couple hundred thousand of them between the epic full and epic local passes. Not sure how many of the Tahoe variety they sell.

Hugely economical, but hugely crowded on peak days and weekends. Still plenty of times you can beat the crush and still an OK experience for the masses, but if you are a typical weekender only, plan on some crowds (at least in Colo). If you can arrange to hit off peak frequently enough, then it's an even better value.

It depends on where you're based. In Denver, the Epic Pass is a compelling proposition. Tahoe it's pretty good also, unless you're a Squaw loyalist. For jojo-obrien, who isn't sure where he'll be next season, the Mountain Collective if/when it reopens might be more attractive. If in CA, you get Squawlpine and Mammoth, in Utah AltaBird and Jackson, in Colorado Aspen. And as noted before Whistler besides being a first rate destination in its own right, often does well in seasons like the past 2 when the other places don't.

Tony Crocker":4tw7hezv said:
I'm beginning to move into the MarcC camp regarding some of otisdelarosa's posts. :-k
Admin swears otherwise, but I'm convinced ODR is a non-sequitur generating software robot designed to increase page views.

Marc_C":12jtmnr2 said:
Tony Crocker":12jtmnr2 said:
I'm beginning to move into the MarcC camp regarding some of otisdelarosa's posts. :-k
Admin swears otherwise, but I'm convinced ODR is a non-sequitur generating software robot designed to increase page views.

I always figured he just didn't speak English well and that's why he makes no sense.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

socal":1mv9v6m2 said:
I always figured he just didn't speak English well and that's why he makes no sense.
I thought that might be the case at first, but I've seen a lot of non-native English speakers on other fora and ODR just doesn't seem to fit that pattern. It isn't misunderstanding a word here or an awkward construct there - his are total non-sequiturs; as if some random key-word from a post is shoved into a quasi-sentence framework with a complete absence of even an attempt at semantic understanding.

But as evren said, he's certainly an agreeable and enthusiastic robot.

Marc_C":9lcj0o7e said:
software robot designed to increase page views.
I agree with the ^^^ conspiracy theory. Admin is trying to drive up the price of FTO before selling it to Talisker.

Tony Crocker":1j0ebqr6 said:
It depends on where you're based. In Denver, the Epic Pass is a compelling proposition. Tahoe it's pretty good also, unless you're a Squaw loyalist. For jojo-obrien, who isn't sure where he'll be next season, the Mountain Collective if/when it reopens might be more attractive. If in CA, you get Squawlpine and Mammoth, in Utah AltaBird and Jackson, in Colorado Aspen. And as noted before Whistler besides being a first rate destination in its own right, often does well in seasons like the past 2 when the other places don't.

I'm missing something here. Does Whistler now participate in some kind of multi-resort season pass deal?

Marc_C":3kqfrbx2 said:
socal":3kqfrbx2 said:
I thought that might be the case at first, but I've seen a lot of non-native English speakers on other fora and ODR just doesn't seem to fit that pattern. It isn't misunderstanding a word here or an awkward construct there - his are total non-sequiturs; as if some random key-word from a post is shoved into a quasi-sentence framework with a complete absence of even an attempt at semantic understanding.

But as evren said, he's certainly an agreeable and enthusiastic robot.

May I suggest another theory? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40K6rApRnhQ

Back