Snow Golf

Scottish Bob

Hello & Greetings from Australia Everyone. 8)
This is my first topic to your great website, my name is Bob Davies,I'm Scottish but I now live in Melbourne Australia 70 years old and married and while I have been skiing only a couple of times many years ago my great love now is golf tournaments being played in the snow or on the ice.
One of my hobbies is collecting and documenting the history of golf beinging played on either snow or ice and I am amazed at just how popular & widespreadit is becoming, I have collected golf scorecards from Snow Golf Tournaments from McMurdo Station, Antarctica, Dambuie Ice Championships Greenland, Utukkuu Snow Callenge in Alaska, Open Snow Golf Open De Val Thoreans france in one of the highest Ski resorts in France, The Kinsmen Snow Golf Tournament in British Columbia Canada, The Ice Golf Open on Lake Baikal in Siberia which is the Largest & Deepest lake in the world, and many more.

If any of you fellow skiers ever come across any golf tournaments being played on ice or snow and would be interested in helping me to fulfil my quest of obtaining a scorecard from that tournament and it would not matter if it was used or not I would be very grateful to you, and I would be more than willing to pay anyone for any postage involved.

I hope that Im have not offended anyone with my unusual topic I wish you all out there in the cold peace & goodwill. :ski:
Scottish Bob.
Bob Davies.
465.Macclesfield Road.acclesfield, Melbourne, Victoria 3782, Australia. justus96@bigpond.com

Scottish Bob":3c5y3po6 said:
I hope that I have not offended anyone with my unusual topic
We'll see how much restraint [-( the administrator of this forum shows, given his "flog" comments in the past. :stir:

Hey, it was his first post so I did approve it, right?

"A game of golf is a good walk spoilt. "

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Hi Tony :-({|=
I understand your views on spam and people wanting to promote their business and yes you do have to have guidelines, and I do realize that your forums are mainly for skiing & snowboarding enthusiasts.

I honestly thought that because my interest was Snow & Ice orientated even though it was golf related that I would not offend anyone, but I was wrong I would like to thank the adminstrators for posting my topic. and yesTony you can rest in peace knowing that I will not post any more topics on your forum.
I wish you all happy times in the snow
Scottish Bob

Scottish Bob":pplftzql said:
I understand your views on spam and people wanting to promote their business and yes you do have to have guidelines, and I do realize that your forums are mainly for skiing & snowboarding enthusiasts.

I honestly thought that because my interest was Snow & Ice orientated even though it was golf related that I would not offend anyone, but I was wrong I would like to thank the adminstrators for posting my topic. and yesTony you can rest in peace knowing that I will not post any more topics on your forum.
Scottish Bob

Bob, no worries...I think you misunderstand. Tony was aiming his comments at me because he already knows how I feel about golf. It's a damned frustrating game! Neither Tony nor I pass up any opportunity to take a cheap shot at the other.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Scottish Bob":27c26yzm said:

Scottish Bob
Though it may appear otherwise, this is not Tony's forum. It is run by Admin/Marc (ie: the other Marc who has the good sense to properly spell the name, despite voting Rethuglican).

Our offense at flog is mostly parody and tongue firmly in cheek. Although of our local crew here, I believe only Bobby D plays at that dastardly abomination. And we don't need the excuse of chasing after a dog's little dimpled white ball play toy to walk around drinking beer.

Feel free to post about flog on snow and ice, but this really is very much a mountain sliding forum, so I suspect there may not be a lot of response (except perhaps from those afflicted in the same way from said evil pastime of flog).

Admin":2qmxqdjm said:
Neither Tony nor I pass up any opportunity to take a cheap shot at the other.
Nor anyone at anyone else for that matter.
It's all good fun.

Gentlemen.
I thank you one and all for the kind words and it is great to see that you all have a great sence of humor, I totally agree with you that golf can be a very fustrating game but when you play a great round of golf and you know in yourself when you have it gives you a great deal of satifaction and happiness and then the next game you have you strive to beat your last score, and after that game you feel like throwing your clubs in the dam.

I envy you skiers and snowboarders the excitement you must feel as you ski & snowboard down the slopes at great speeds with such skill you make it look very easy, but I guess just a tiny litle bit like golf practice make perfect.

I have been trying to obtain a golf scorecard from a tournament that is held in Lake Tahoe at Alpine Meadow where they hold an annual 9 hole snow golf event where the golfers tee off at the top of the Express Chairlift summit it is the only Top to Bottom golf course in the world as far as I know, and wait for it the golfers must be on Skis or snowboards but they are allowed to remove one foot when teeing off or putting.

So not only do you guy's Ski, Snowboard but you now play golf as well I think I'll hang my clubs up
Have a great day everyone Scottish Bob :ski:

I know several North Tahoe locals in connection with the Ice Axe cruise in 2011. I passed Scottish Bob's inquiry along to them.

Hi Tony
Thanks for your kindness and I do appreciate your time and trouble it would be nice to add that scorecard to my collection i'll keep my fingers crossed, I see that you have been to Antarctica in 2011, I have two golf scorecards from there McMurdo Station and Scott Base there is a lot of kind people in the world,
have a great day mate
Scottish Bob

Scottish Bob":1xlf7kk8 said:
Lake Tahoe at Alpine Meadow where they hold an annual 9 hole snow golf event where the golfers tee off at the top of the Express Chairlift summit it is the only Top to Bottom golf course in the world as far as I know, and wait for it the golfers must be on Skis or snowboards but they are allowed to remove one foot when teeing off or putting.

Hmmmmm . . . somehow, reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_19nxNfjs

flyover":zzvnkofr said:
Scottish Bob":zzvnkofr said:
Lake Tahoe at Alpine Meadow where they hold an annual 9 hole snow golf event where the golfers tee off at the top of the Express Chairlift summit it is the only Top to Bottom golf course in the world as far as I know, and wait for it the golfers must be on Skis or snowboards but they are allowed to remove one foot when teeing off or putting.

Hmmmmm . . . somehow, reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_19nxNfjs

...or this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njHE4S-HD3I[/youtube]

flog and skiing. If it's good enough for Lindsey Vonn..... :troll:

tiger-woods-and-lindsey-vonn.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.C-7B9n3IaZ.jpg

Hi Guys.!
I like snow golf. Its one of my favorite sports. Snow golf is an interesting sport played over snow instead of grass.This highly anticipated spring event is a unique way to spend a day on the slopes. For many tournament has become a tradition and for others it has become a new way to experience both winter and golf.
Tacoma Boot Camp

Back