Ski Width: Heli Ops Are To Blame!

Wow. That's an impressively misdirected and illogical rant by someone who, you would think, should know better.

My favorite lines:

Jackson Hogan":ife891fg said:
No customers get better service from heli outfits than the top ski filmmakers. By putting extreme exploits in front of millions of eyeballs, ski movies have been the prime mover in driving us all onto ever-wider platforms.

EMSC":23wy2otq said:
Wow. That's an impressively misdirected and illogical rant by someone who, you would think, should know better.

My favorite lines:

Jackson Hogan":23wy2otq said:
No customers get better service from heli outfits than the top ski filmmakers. By putting extreme exploits in front of millions of eyeballs, ski movies have been the prime mover in driving us all onto ever-wider platforms.
The *prime* mover? I think demoing by actually skiing on them is much more of a motivator than seeing a top skier in some ski movie.

There are always people who buy products they they think are cool or trendy, and no doubt some of that can be motivated by ski movies.

But for most of us here, as noted by MarcC, it's been by demo experience. I had that mindset about narrower skis being much better for groomers, but at the extensive shop demo at Mammoth in Feb. 2011 I learned otherwise. Liz' demo experience in Dec. 2012 was similar.

Back