new gear, woo!

riverc0il

alright, who's sitting at home RIGHT NOW with new ski boots on their feet? yea baby! \:D/ :lol: =P~ nice new garmont gride's feeling pretty good! can't believe how light they are compared to my xwave 10s! when i opened up the box and took them out, i almost launched them towards the ceiling, i was so used to hefting the heavies! :shock:

new pair of goode composites and a poacher pack to boot, sweet! time to sit back with a brew and steak, kick up the boots, and watch a matchstick film. now i just need some snow. :roll:

obsess much? you bet!

Cool, you'll be all set for when the snow starts flying! I almost had my new boots on the other day, but my wife was giving me funny looks... ;)

Sounds like you've got withdrawl therapy all figured out. :D

I'm waiting for the end of next week when the local shop has their summer clearance sale...

bvibert said:
... I almost had my new boots on the other day, but my wife was giving me funny looks... ;)

Wives can be like that, but mine's resigned--or should I say--signed onto the madness. For my b'day my wife just gave me a pretty nice ski jacket/vest (detachable sleeves & many pockets) for changeable spring skiing days. Gotta love a woman like that!!

My other equipment wish is for some AT boots for narrow, low-volume feet. For me buying boots is a lengthy, arduous custom fitting process. I doubt that I can find a decent fit from the limited set of vendors who supply AT's.

Jeff

riverc0il":201tjwzd said:
alright, who's sitting at home RIGHT NOW with new ski boots on their feet? yea baby! \:D/ :lol: =P~ nice new garmont gride's feeling pretty good! can't believe how light they are compared to my xwave 10s! when i opened up the box and took them out, i almost launched them towards the ceiling, i was so used to hefting the heavies! :shock:

new pair of goode composites and a poacher pack to boot, sweet! time to sit back with a brew and steak, kick up the boots, and watch a matchstick film. now i just need some snow. :roll:

obsess much? you bet!

So you wound up in a pair of Garmonts? Good move! I believe the G-rides have a thermoformable liner too. Cooked 'em up yet?

The biggest adjustment you will have to make is getting used to the amazing lightness. Felt like I was wearing bedroom slippers for the first few runs I took in my Adrenalins.

yea, it was either that or the denalis and the garmonts were like 50% less, so really was about the price. i had a return guarantee if they didn't fit so it was a good online roll of the dice.

haven't cooked them yet. a little concerned about doing so actually, as i read you can screw the liners up if you don't cook/set them right. i'll probably suck it up and toast em' myself but i was considering bringing em' to a shop to do it up right. the video over on TTips makes it look easy enough. i mean, those guys even did it while drinking :lol:

riverc0il":1r8v9yvk said:
yea, it was either that or the denalis and the garmonts were like 50% less, so really was about the price. i had a return guarantee if they didn't fit so it was a good online roll of the dice.

haven't cooked them yet. a little concerned about doing so actually, as i read you can screw the liners up if you don't cook/set them right. i'll probably suck it up and toast em' myself but i was considering bringing em' to a shop to do it up right. the video over on TTips makes it look easy enough. i mean, those guys even did it while drinking :lol:

Our administrator Marc is an expert at cooking thermoformable liners. Right Marc :lol: ?

JimG.":1bf9y1mi said:
That was fast :p .

I take full advantage of our boards' email notification feature. On top of that I'm running a new email client on the Treo that pushes email using the "IDLE" command on an IMAP server. Man, I'm wired! :shock:

Back