The 3rd Annual ROCK SLOPE

Registering as a new user only to spam these boards, three times no less in topics irrelevant to your message, is not an effective way to attract users to your cause.

BANNED.

Well, I see that you've noticed that I've already lifted the ban pursuant to our backchannel email discussion.

Boy, I must be a pushover...

OK, I've lifted the ban. But Wendy, you'd posted your message in the Midwest forums AND the Western forums AND the General Discussion areas, and your message was nothing more than a link to the event you were trying to promote. Our users are hardcore skiers and snowboarders, and it's through careful moderation that our fora have not degenerated to the point where the signal to noise ratio is intolerable, as it has elsewhere. It's actually the quality ski and snowboard discussion that attracts our users, who would be more inclined to listen to a message from a new user who eases into the room more tactfully.

That said, welcome to opportunity #2. If you'd care to explain the event to the other users in the single most relevant forum, you're welcome to.

Ouch - sorry!

Thank you for a second chance -- just trying to share some cool info about an incredible skiing/boarding event, but I'm new to this online hyperlink stuff, so I'll refrain until I get to know the folks here much better ~ happy to be on board chatting about deep powder and such!

Look forward to joing 'the extreme team' on FirstTracks online ~ Thank you for a second chance!! Whooosh!

wendylynn":1zwn3cfi said:
happy to be on board chatting about deep powder and such!

Well, then...you've found the right place. This is admittedly a slow time of year around here, but that's to be expected. We don't have the volume of other discussion boards, but I'd like to think that we have quality over quantity. You'll find here a passionate group of skiers and riders who eat, drink, and sleep skiing...the "duct tape crowd," as it were. And trust me, that's a term of endearment. The old "by skiers, for skiers" phrase is frightfully overused, but it's the truth around here.

wendylynn":1zwn3cfi said:
Look forward to joing 'the extreme team' on FirstTracks online ~ Thank you for a second chance!! Whooosh!

And we look forward to having you here. Welcome.

Awww ~ thanks Marc! I, too, have plenty of duct tape on my gear! :D

Man oh man, my manners were certainly amiss today! I am passionate about skiing, my family, great friends and the awesome band, Sister Hazel ~ mix them all together, and I get a tad over zealous! The sad part is that I kind of got ahead of myself in pure excitement. You see, I just figured out how to hyperlink the promo banner on my personal email today, and then started thinking who else would LOVE to know about this great skiing event ? I did a quick search to find more passionate skiers and landed HERE! :D What a great place to land ~ WOW!

However, I was in a hurry so I quickly posted a link to a rockin? ski event ~ thought I?d return later to chat it up a bit. I couldn?t decide which forum would be most appropriate, so I quickly posted the link in three forums. The problem is, I forget to introduce myself properly, and I made a huge assumption that ?y?all? would LOVE to know about this cool event before I even took the time to get to know you ~ my sincere apologies!

Thank goodness I am being given a generous second chance. Phew! So, let me back up and introduce myself. My name is Wendy and I live in Northern California, near Tahoe (man did we get some deep snow this last season!). I have been skiing since I was 10 years old, lived in Sun Valley for one season during college (gotta love that ?poor? ski bum life) ~ my boyfriend (now husband) lived in Vail that same season ~ we skied are fannies off living in a tent for awhile! The passion for powder never dies, so we formed a fun ski group back in 1997 ~ six great couples from Washington, Maine, Michigan and California ~ we descend upon a different, unsuspecting ski mountain every year! This year, we are headed back to Colorado! I have so much more to say and share, but at least I feel better about going back to good manners. I?m looking forward to hearing your stories, and getting to know more about this community. Thanks Marc for being a 'pushover', as I truly appreciate the second chance.

Here?s to ?getting? our slope on?!

Wendy

Well, I'm still trying to behave and mind my manners, so no linking banners. However, just a heads up to those who might be interested ~ The 3rd Annual Rock Slope goes on sale next week, and it will sell out. Great Event! :D

The text link is in my siganture if you are interested in finding out more -- or feel free to post here, and I'll do my best to answer any questions. I wen t on this adventure the last two years and wouldn't miss it!

Thanks for being so kind to give me a second chance ~ I really just wanted to shout it out to as many die-hard skiers & boarders as possible! :D I don't work for The Rock Slope, just a big fan of the band, Sister Hazel, and The Rock Slope event

Get you slope on . .

Back