Reminder about Consumer Electronics and Beacons

Tony Crocker":35j91lan said:
IIRC you can have a cell phone if it's turned off, right?

In search mode I'd keep it (and any other metal or electronic) far, far away from the beacon. You're searching for a friend who's fighting for his or her life -- throw the damned cell phone in the snow. Every second counts, so are you going to sit there and fumble with turning the thing off?

Even in transmit mode I'd keep them as separated as possible.

Admin":3om8nocj said:
You're searching for a friend who's fighting for his or her life -- throw the damned cell phone in the snow. Every second counts, so are you going to sit there and fumble with turning the thing off?

I'm no expert but is throwing it in the snow not potential for loosing the thing you need most once you have dug him out, just a pedantic thought thrown in :stir:

q":ri8iffdn said:
Admin":ri8iffdn said:
You're searching for a friend who's fighting for his or her life -- throw the damned cell phone in the snow. Every second counts, so are you going to sit there and fumble with turning the thing off?

I'm no expert but is throwing it in the snow not potential for loosing the thing you need most once you have dug him out, just a pedantic thought thrown in :stir:

Touché.

Back