FTO Weather

riverc0il

when does Scott Braaten return with the weather updates? we need to know when the patterns will change for the first oppotunity for some snow! natural or man made, but preferably natural!

:D

I'm planning on sometime around Nov 1...but it could be earlier if need be. Some of the Sierra areas, particularly Mammoth, got bombed with several feet of snow by Halloween last year; that brought me out of summer mode pretty quickly.

I'm very exited about this winter here in the northeast. Things are looking good for excellent December holiday conditions. It should be hit or miss this month as far as cold air goes...pattern will be flooded with Pacific air which isn't known for being cold, but it'll be much cooler (and wetter) than this SE ridge garbage :wink:

November might be warmish in the east, but ok in the west...then around Thanksgiving or the first couple days of December, we should really get rocking in the east.

Enjoy the fall...this week will be another abnormally warm and sunny period. It ends next weekend.

Back