What do you do with your old skis?

Marc_C

Like the subject asks. I have an increasing collection of old skis in a corner of my basement, including some relics. Anyone want a pair of 205cm Rossi 7XKs?

Marc_C":3ssf3u0t said:
I have an increasing collection of old skis in a corner of my basement, including some relics.

Me too. I keep hoping they'll produce some more modern offspring, but they seem to have more in common with captive panda bears than, say, domestic rabbits.

I still have a pair of 33-year old Fischer waxless (and at this point also largely fishscale-less) x-country skis that I take out on shoulder-season days when there's as much mud as there is snow on the local trails.

flyover":32urc9hz said:
Marc_C":32urc9hz said:
I have an increasing collection of old skis in a corner of my basement, including some relics.

Me too. I keep hoping they'll produce some more modern offspring, but they seem to have more in common with captive panda bears than, say, domestic rabbits.

I still have a pair of 33-year old Fischer waxless (and at this point also largely fishscale-less) x-country skis that I take out on shoulder-season days when there's as much mud as there is snow on the local trails.
Me three. My old skis are sitting in a corner of our barn. I have a pair of Elan MBX (black and yellow topskin), 205's - one of the first "cap" skis that seemed so radical at the time. Also, the Atomic BetaCarve, one of their first "shaped" skis. Just gathering dust. At some point, I should throw them out but there is some nostalgia value to them (I guess). I used to have a pair of Olin Comp SL's but they're long gone.

berkshireskier":2mng2ayi said:
At some point, I should throw them out but there is some nostalgia value to them (I guess).
Yeah, same here. I'm just trying to figure out some way of keeping them out of a landfill.
Oh, pleeeeeeze, no one suggest using them to build an Adirondack chair - I hate those.

Marc_C":23hzra7y said:
Oh, pleeeeeeze, no one suggest using them to build an Adirondack chair - I hate those.

How about building an Adirondack chair?

We operate a resort area ski & bike shop so we get old skis daily. We make chair & bench backs and sign holders.

Admin":3hsbfhar said:
Marc_C":3hsbfhar said:

How about building an Adirondack chair?
Facepalm.
See, folks, what I have to deal with on a regular basis?

If you live in an agricultural region and want to honor the animals from which you earn a living:

30.jpg

The Star disks in the middle of it look kinda interesting. The rest of it is intriguing but definitely not my taste.

Back