Incredible Marketing/Customer Retention

Marc_C

I suspect there are extraordinary few ski areas that are willing to do this! Kudos to Eagle Point (UT)!

From Eagle Point's Facebook page:

A message to Eagle Point Season Pass Holders:

As you know, due to unprecedented low early season snowfall, Eagle Point was unable to open for skiing and riding for a significant portion of this 2017-2018 season. While recent snows have led to continuous Friday-Monday operation with nearly 100% of trails open, this season is most certainly not what we, or you, expected when you purchased your 2017-2018 Season Pass after an amazing 2016-2017 season with such a deep snowpack, consistent base, huge powder days, and all trails and lifts 100% open from Opening Day to Closing Day.

Our guiding principle is to provide a high quality experience for guests and to meet their expectations. While we remain hopeful and optimistic about finishing the season strong, Mother Nature has not permitted us to meet everyone’s expectations to date. That includes Season Pass holders like you.

The Eagle Point Season pass is non-refundable, however, we have made the decision that all purchasers of 2017-2018 Season Passes will receive a complimentary 2018-2019 Eagle Point Season Pass at the same level (i.e., student, adult, etc). There will be no service or handling fees—you can continue to utilize your Season Pass for the remainder of this season and prepare for what we hope will be an incredible bounce back winter in 2018-2019. We are in preliminary stages of adding snowmaking capabilities and hope to announce more on that in the spring with the guiding principle being to avoid any prolonged period of non-operation again. As these things go, we hope Mother Nature will make good next year with a big snowfall season.

There will be several occasions to receive your 2018-2019 Season Pass including: visiting us now while the snow is good, during the summer, regional opportunities in the fall including Las Vegas Snowjam and other community events we are planning, and of course upon visiting the resort next winter.

We’re thrilled that many Eagle Point Season Pass holders have taken advantage of our reciprocal program which we recently expanded to include even more resorts across the west. Should we continue to face weather challenges we encourage you to take advantage of those perks. If Mother Nature continues to cooperate (which appears likely) we look forward to watching you and your friends smile on the slopes, high five on the lifts, and laugh at our lodges over the next few weeks.

Marc_C":1cp698wc said:
I suspect there are extraordinary few ski areas that are willing to do this! Kudos to Eagle Point (UT)!

Or even any others outside of Eagle Point?

I was expecting to see current passholders would get 25% or 50% off for next year or something; not
Marc_C":1cp698wc said:
all purchasers of 2017-2018 Season Passes will receive a complimentary 2018-2019 Eagle Point Season Pass at the same level (i.e., student, adult, etc).

Have no idea how any ski area can afford that financially.

Eagle Point is an extremely marginal ski area, formerly Mt. Holly, then Elk Meadows. I don't think there are a whole lot of season passholders.

It's marginal not because it's deficient, just that other Utah areas are more convenient and/or much bigger.

Back