Mammoth June 2, 3,4th, 2006

CWHappyRN

:?
We are two driven ski patrollers and professional women in our other jobs that are looking for a 3rd or fourth persons to do pleasure skiing in Mammoth this weekend. If you don't mind a chemist and a ER nurse wanting to share the drive and place, contact us. One lives in Valencia, the other Big Bear, CA. We can meet somewhere, or there! Carol 310 339-4305

CWHappyRN@hotmail.com - Carol
Bgorecka@sbcglobal.net- Basia (Polish name) or if you can't say it, Barbara.

Hey, we got the Davison Guest House to stay in, linens, kitchen utensils and any food in the kitchen for 28.00 a night, that includes tax. It is a nice hostel type large cabin, with bunks to luxurious. Usually it is all booked up in peak season! We are very lucky to get it now! We reserved 2,3, for two and the 4th for one who can stay a thrid day. If you are interested, call ASAP! Carol & Basia, crazy patrollers who love to ski for pleasure and relaxation! Carol

http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/16663-Dav ... uest-House

This one has the photo of the lodging! http://www.mammoth-guest.com/

Attachments

• 009_5A.JPG
    009_5A.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 7,137
CWHappyRN":3qw0fd8f said:
Davison Guest House (...) It is a nice hostel type large cabin, with bunks to luxurious. Usually it is all booked up in peak season! We are very lucky to get it now!

Yes, Davison is a great place, I was able to get 2 of my 5 nights there last June.

CWHappyRN":3qw0fd8f said:
crazy patrollers who love to ski for pleasure and relaxation!

However I don't know about these crazy patrollers from California, I've never skied with them. :wink: I heard there's a bunch of crazy people outhere in California and I know some patrollers can be crazy. Heck, they even elected an actor for governor (twice). :shock: I guess, it could have been worst, as they could have elected a wrestler. :lol:

:oops: Well, Arnold, he is embarrasing! Please remember I am a nurse. He tried to mess with nurses and the American Nurse's Association sued him and won. I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM! I don't believe celebrities should run for office, in general, with few exceptions. They can't even ski very well (Sonny Bono, etc.). They are better off teaching acting or other theatre arts. I do love their work on stage.

It is crazy here, phony and all the rest. But the skiing is great at Mammoth! I am a person of Finnish ancestry here by default! So, there! :lol: Besides, when I skied Whistler over 20 years ago there was a trash dump to look at and smell on the way up. That was worse than a strange elected public official! Glad that is gone!

CWHappyRN":8nle4p3y said:
It is crazy here, phony and all the rest. But the skiing is great at Mammoth!

I was just kidding of course. :wink:

I definitely do enjoy the vibe from a place like Mammoth and the skiing is not bad either. :wink:

:roll: Got it! Life is so different with skiing in it anyway. I recall as a child pre-skiing days. I was equallly excited about sledding. Even shoveling my driveway off for a study break (getting master's in nursing) rejuvenates me. Not to mention the afternoon spent cross country skiing. Nonetheless, I shall move from these mountains in Big Bear, CA come next December, back to the metropolitan areas of California once again. I have only been here for ER nursing and will need to resume my old ways of a higher paid job (to afford more skiing! and other issues).

I enjoyed Vancouver and the Niagra Falls Canadian side as a tourist.

Do they plow the roads well there in winter?

CWHappyRN":6h2qmkwh said:
I have only been here for ER nursing and will need to resume my old ways of a higher paid job (to afford more skiing! and other issues).

I enjoyed Vancouver and the Niagra Falls Canadian side as a tourist.

Do they plow the roads well there in winter?

Higher paying job = more skiing?

Maybe, but it might also mean less time to ski. Check out mapadu's reports.

As you can see snow in Vancouver and Niagara Falls isn't really an issue if you compare with the Sierras.

Here are the yearly average for Provincial/Territorial Capitals and Major Cities in Canada (starting North then West to East). Yes, St. John's, Newfoundland receives the most snow of all these.

Whitehorse, YT: 145cm
Yellowknife, NWT: 152cm
Iqaluit, NU: 236cm
Victoria, BC: 43cm
Vancouver, BC: 48cm
Edmonton, AB: 121cm
Calgary, AB: 127cm
Regina, SK: 105cm
Winnipeg, MB: 111cm
Windsor, ON (near Detroit): 127cm
Niagara Falls, ON: 40cm
Toronto, ON: 115cm
Ottawa, ON: 236cm
Montreal, QC: 214cm
Quebec City, QC: 316cm
Fredericton, NB: 227cm
Charlottetown, PEI: 312cm
Halifax, NS: 231cm
St.John's, NL: 322cm

:shock: In my case making more does not mean working more, just travel. I can travel and work in Aspen, housing paid, or Colorado, housing paid. That is the catch, the housing paid for. Sometimes I make more work less by the hour. But, always more because the housing is paid for and tax deducdtible. It was my life style for a long time. The only draw back, moving all the time. I did stay on contracts for a year, but, that is a year. Luckily I have international organizaitons I have belonged to for 25 years to hang out with wherever I go. I can even travel around Los Angeles, where I lived for over 30 years, etc.

I started my masters degree and also met someone I care for more and more. So, travel is a little disruptive. Otherwise, working more means less time to ski! I am very familiar with Canadian nurses who come here! Capitation is something we don't have. I do admire your health care system, however. It takes an educated person in those areas sto understand why. It is not the outsiders common understanding. Carol

Back