KALMUS BEACH, CAPE COD

jasoncapecod

For the couple of windsurfers out there. Here's a pic of the windsurfing Meca in the North East.
By the way it was a 4.0 day

Attachments

• IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 5,363
  • IMG_1355.JPG
    IMG_1355.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 5,371
  • IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 5,359
Yup, I remember Kalmus well, but I sure don't remember any August 4.0 days! Nice!

I sure don't remember any August 4.0 days
You're right about that.. I was there for 10 days and sailed 3 of them.
A 6.5 day and 2 4.0ish days.. I haven't rigged a sail that small in years.

Another perversity of Eastern weather. Summer is the low wind season. As opposed to the Gorge, Rio Vista, SF Bay, Central Coast, where the 4.0 days come in the appropriate summer season.

FYI SoCal doesn't quite measure up to the places farther north. Cabrillo Beach is good for 5.0-5.5 most summer days from about 2-6PM. Otherwise you need big sails down here. I dropped by Captain Kirk's Windsurf Shop in San Pedro last month and he said his business is about 60% kiteboarding now.

Tony Crocker":25qrmla8 said:
Another perversity of Eastern weather. Summer is the low wind season. As opposed to the Gorge, Rio Vista, SF Bay, Central Coast, where the 4.0 days come in the appropriate summer season.

Tony, I was jut back East. It was glorious. I would take the humidity and rain with the sun and cold winters any day over the traffic and smog and violence out here. Yes, Big Bear has less of that, but lack the humidity for comfort. Tony, you have to see the good in the East Coast more often! You have to see the stability and quality of life. New Jersey is not the same as New England, etc. The only rough part of my trip was the late night jog in the humidity that made me sweat (me sweat) and it was tough to tolerate the lack of evaporation and cooling. It was OK though, better for the skin at times! :lol:

I just like to give you a hard time about the East. I will soon be in Windy Santa Cruz, CA with the great whites. I will use the swimming pool and jackets. :roll: #-o

FYI SoCal doesn't quite measure up to the places farther north. Cabrillo Beach is good for 5.0-5.5 most summer days from about 2-6PM. Otherwise you need big sails down here. I dropped by Captain Kirk's Windsurf Shop in San Pedro last month and he said his business is about 60% kiteboarding now.

Glad you enjoyed Kalmus- next time you're there say hi to the kitesurfing crew. We've been at Kalmus for well over 10 years.check out some great shots from our buddy Goldfish http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldfish17/

Attachments

• allexmeter.jpg
    allexmeter.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 5,065
  • stevowp.jpg
    stevowp.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 5,055
  • willymarsh55.jpg
    willymarsh55.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5,061
Back