Not-so-obvious phpBB Features

AlpineZone

As a long time phpBB user, I figured I'd post some hints in this thread to help you get the most out of the new software:
  • If you're interested in receiving an Email notice when someone replies to a thread that you've posted in, go to your Profile and set "Always notify me of replies" to "Yes".
  • Each thread has a "Watch this topic for replies" link at the bottom. Clicking this link will enable Email notification for that particular topic. Anytime a reply is posted, you will receive an Email indicating so.
  • Provided you're logged in, from the forum main page, you should see three links at the top right corner above the boards that you may find useful:
    View posts since last visit
    View your posts
    View unanswered posts
  • There are buttons to help you format posts (bold, italicise, underline, etc...) from the "post" or "reply" screen. Experiment with using them.
If anyone has any questions on how to do something, e.g. format posts, feel free to ask.

Thanks, Greg, for your supportive words elsewhere on these boards, and for providing these user tips!

Admin":2bodo2ic said:
Thanks, Greg, for your supportive words elsewhere on these boards, and for providing these user tips!
You got it. Again, if anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I know this software inside and out...

Well, many thanks to AlpineZone who gave me some pointers that made the implementation of image uploading successful. Details of this and other new features added today may be found here.

Back