Ski Area Statistics / Industry Comparisons

salida

Hopefully, one of you industry pro's can help to answer these questions:

Are there reports that cover industry statistics (such as costs, profitiability, ski area structure, industry comparisons, ...)

Help, anyone! Thanks,

Porter

Many ski resorts are privately held, so financial data would be pretty much impossible to come by. Financial data for publicly-held ski resorts and ski resort operating companies is accessible via their financial reports required by SEC laws. For other data, have you consulted with the NSAA?

I wandered around online just to try to find skier visits a few years back, and it wasn't all that easy. http://216.250.243.13/discus2/messages/2508/2754.html

If the resort is on Forest Service land skier vist totals are supposed to be publicly available. Utah is a good example. You can get skier visits for LCC/BCC, but not for the Park City resorts which are on private land. The collective total for Park City, Deer Valley and The Canyons is released to Ski Utah but not the individual resorts.

So I think financial info would be tough.

The other stat I'd like to see is skier visits by residence of skier. For example, what percent of Utah/Colorado visits come from California, Northeast, etc.?

Back