Internet ski shop??

Thanks for rubbing the salt into the wound, Patrick! This thread could get ugly quick, so I will say no more on that subject!! Backcountry.com tops my list of gear shops online. Great prices and unbelievable service. Evogear has a lot of good bargains and there is a shop called Sports Liquidators that sells a lot of good cheap skis.

riverc0il":2rfr79vn said:
Thanks for rubbing the salt into the wound, Patrick!

I didn't necessarily want to rub salt in any wounds...I was just pointing out to my friend that likes to shop for skis on the internet.

Actually there are some negative to a high dollars for the Canadian Economy, but this isn't the place to get into that type of discussion. As for the low exchange, everything you buy is generally in US dollars, so for us Canadians paying an extra 6% instead of 60% is a good deal.

I've paid more than my share of liftticket with an extra 40-50-60% including some very big price stuff. :?

riverc0il":21hry1ep said:
Backcountry.com tops my list of gear shops online. Great prices and unbelievable service.

Hear, hear! Those folks are terrific. I have the good fortune -- or maybe not -- of having their facility about 4 blocks from my office. I've also become addicted to their SteepAndCheap.com division. I place the order, then pick it up 30 minutes later in person. I've bought everything from a backpacking sleeping pad to casual street shoes to a folding knife for camping...you name it. They'll bend over backwards to do anything to make a customer happy, and I'll thus happily spend my money with them. Plus, especially on SteepAndCheap, they often have some terrific deals.

Back