FTO Head Offices to Relocate

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Let me proudly formally announce that effective Feb. 1, the headquarters of First Tracks!! Online Ski Magazine will call the Utah's Salt Lake Valley home. :D :D :D :D

What???? It makes better sense than Florida!

All joking aside, I am happy for you.

Good luck with all those new places to choose from.

Very nice choice. With the recent weather in pittsburgh I think it is time to head west like you. :wink:

Way to go Marc! I was going to PM you to see how things were shaping up.Congradulations! =D>
Scope out some B.C. for us powderjunkies!
((*
*))NHPH

No more chiding Marc for masochistic snow conditions from me. There was ONE year (1991-92) when SoCal had more snow than the Wasatch...

Marc, you should look up Ron Cram ( http://skistreak.com ) when you get out there.

So are you forming the Guido Handcart Company and taking the Mormon Pioneer Trail?

Reenact%20East%20Cnyn%20Handcarts%20on%20hill3.jpg

Geoff":171ns8qj said:
So are you forming the Guido Handcart Company and taking the Mormon Pioneer Trail?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's just beautiful! <g>

Sadly, that's just about what I'll be doing. I priced a rental truck and fuel at about $3300, and moving companies thus far are about $2,000 more than that. So yeah...I'll likely be driving the truck myself across NY, PA, OH, IN, IL, IA, NE, WY and UT. <whew!>

...should you decide to dip a little south toward the end of that route, there's a pit stop available for you in CO. With maybe even a quickie backyard dawn patrol if you have the time. Could even get a run in before anyone's awake...

mapadu":1uw6gapp said:
...should you decide to dip a little south toward the end of that route, there's a pit stop available for you in CO. With maybe even a quickie backyard dawn patrol if you have the time. Could even get a run in before anyone's awake...

Thanks, but I'm not sure that Zach could keep up with Winter! :wink:

It's tempting, but I suspect that I'll be making a beeline for the Beehive State, for I'll be driving a rental truck and towing my car.

Attachments

• zach.jpg
    zach.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 15,900
Admin":2wdlw4gh said:
Geoff":2wdlw4gh said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's just beautiful! <g>

Sadly, that's just about what I'll be doing. I priced a rental truck and fuel at about $3300, and moving companies thus far are about $2,000 more than that. So yeah...I'll likely be driving the truck myself across NY, PA, OH, IN, IL, IA, NE, WY and UT. <whew!>

Sounds like you'll need a good Chiropractor. That's a long drive in a rental truck.

Admin":3bxbhfmu said:
Let me proudly formally announce that effective Feb. 1, the headquarters of First Tracks!! Online Ski Magazine will call the Utah's Salt Lake Valley home. :D :D :D :D

When are you carting out? Are you in Utah on the 1st?

Patrick":2ixc209a said:
When are you carting out? Are you in Utah on the 1st?

Leaving here on the 22nd. I should be there by the 26th. (Edit 1/12/2005: I just posted a bunch of pictures on page 2 of this topic.)

Well, I got back last night after a successful trip to SLC to find a place to live. It's high on the east Bench of the city smack against the base of 8,299-foot Grandeur Peak, overlooking the city below and the Oquirrhs across the valley. When the snow level dips low enough, I'll be able to skin right from my front door for a treeless 2,400-vert run.

Some photos of Grandeur Peak I've found on the Web:

Jan24_01_18.jpg

Grandeur Peak.

Jan24_01_30.jpg

Grandeur Peak.

smCityOFDeathGrand.jpg

Looking west down I-80 from Grandeur Peak.

smOlympBIGgrand.jpg

smOlympusGOOD.jpg

Mount Olympus from Grandeur Peak.

smAntelopeSUN.jpg

Salt Lake City and the Great Salt Lake from Grandeur Peak.

Grandeur%20peak%20from%20I-80.JPG

The house is next to the two in the lower right corner of this photo.

smGrandeurPeak1.jpg

Grandeur Peak in summer, as seen from I-215.

Grandeur01s.jpg

Salt Lake City from Grandeur Peak.

Granduer04s.jpg

Grandeur Peak West Ridge, leading to the house.

saltlake-tb-mtgrandeur-01.jpg

View from the top of Grandeur Peak.

p5240045_640x480.jpg

Looking down into Mill Creek Canyon from Grandeur Peak.

122707.jpg

Looking up Grandeur Peak from near the house.

80991.JPG

Grandeur as seen from Mt. Olympus. Granduer is at about 11:30 in the center of photo.

122709.jpg

Approaching the summit from the route near the house.

115904.jpg

Summit view of the Salt Lake Valley.

52751.jpg

View from the summit of Granduer looking towards Mount Olympus.

smGrandeurX1.jpg

Grandeur Peak.

smSnakeGrandeur2.jpg

Unfortunately, I won't be the only one living on Grandeur Peak.

Patrick":r009dg2n said:
You are SSOOOO mean Marc !!!

Sorry, I misspoke...when I referred to a 2,400 vertical-foot run, I was apparently using a trail guide for the southern route to Grandeur's summit, starting in Mill Creek Canyon. The actual west side vertical from the peak to my house is 3,179 feet. \:D/

Patrick":r009dg2n said:
I am really happy for you. :cry:

Thanks, pal!

So, will the head offices have a cot somewhere for ski technique moderators who need to explore the finer points of skinning up 3,179 vertical foot descents :wink: ?

JimG.":14cthna6 said:
So, will the head offices have a cot somewhere for ski technique moderators who need to explore the finer points of skinning up 3,179 vertical foot descents :wink: ?

How about your own "guest suite" with bedroom, bath, living area with fireplace, and full wet bar? :wink:

Absolutely.

Back