Are ticket deals still available in Colorado?

lookn4powder

Suddenly, I am taking a quickly planned business trip to Denver & Boulder starting tomorrow (Dec 17th) through Friday. (I'll skip the A-basin madness and hold out for more snow.) I recall that a pre-season lift ticket sale was ongoing earlier this month in Colorado, but I believe it has ended.

Are any interesting lift ticket bundles still available in CO? For example, last year at Taos I rode a lift with a fellow from Colorado who had purchased a package of Colorado area tickets that included several tickets for Taos and other non-Colorado areas. The pricing was pretty attractive. Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers,
Jeff

Not sure I can really help much. I have/rely on season passes or comped tickets for my turns primarily and I know that most (if not all) of the lowest pricing is over as of last weekend - the Vail inc passes/4 packs, Eldora, etc... for sure had their early pricing expire on Sunday...

I've actually never heard of a deal that includes CO and NM areas. You still might want to check around as it may just be that Vail Inc or Intrawest (copper/Winter park - maybe Steamboat, but prob not as it is a different market) 4 packs are still around but at a slightly higher (but still very good) price. I think 4 packs were going for ~$129 or so...

Okay, I'm going to do a little plug here for my team. You can purchase a TransFour card from TeamSummit for $179 which gets you 4 days at Copper or Winter Park/Mary Jane. This is different from a 4 pack as it is transferable among friends/family. After Friday October 19th it will go up to $199. If you purchase from TeamSummit we get $20 of the purchase price (which is the same if you purchase from passwagon.com). Go to http://www.teamsummit.org/Events.shtm to order.

Now, on to the other options there are 4 packs available still, just a slightly higher price of $149 for 4 days at Keystone/A-Basin. You can purchase those at REI or Boulder Ski Deals in Boulder or REI or Colorado Ski and Golf in Denver. Christy Sports has Copper Mountain 4 packs but I'm not sure of the price on those.

Hey lookn4, and others,
Here's some Colorado pass info, it's definitely a good idea to visit CO in the fall, to pick up on some of the "local's" deals.

The Colorado Pass is Vail Resort's discount program, they are sold at CO Ski and Golf, and some other front range locations in the fall. http://www.snow.com/passsales/ has the details. It's currently $409 for unlimited skiing at A-basin, Keystone, and Breck, plus 10 days at Vail or BC (with Xmas blacked out) I think I paid $360 in the spring for mine. This card comes with some ski-with-a-friend discounts, too, and after using 10, discounted passes. As mentioned above, 4-pass deals are available for Copper/WP. Telluride has a local's card, too.

Last year I spread myself too thin, with a T-card at Telluride, also, and a trip to Utah --- I left a couple of Vail/BC days on the table last year, and had to buy a couple extra Aspen days--- I'll try to do better this year.

Aspen and snowmass have a local's classic pass, 4 days for $159, or 7 days for $259 ya gotta show up in CO to get one, Denver/front range/western slope locations at http://www.aspensnowmass.com/classicpass. Additional days are "discounted", only $65. No blackout dates for this one. After one fall trip to CO, you can renew online in following years.

If you're on vacation, and need lodging, a package with lifts might be more worthwhile, tho. Depends on how much legwork you're willing to do to save a buck. A few years ago I make the mistake of driving 2 hours to Crested Butte for the spring free skiing. There was fresh snow on the roads, but none at the mountain, just week-old hardpack! The storm had veered south, dumping 18" fresh on Telluride, which would have only been a one-hour drive-- and well worth a full-price ticket!

The smaller resorts around CO have a "gems card" program with discounts, the card is free, sign up at http://www.coloradogems.com- this links to the CO ski country website, which I unfortunately failed to memorize.

I've been buying my Utah passes in SLC at canyon sports or REI, it's generally cheaper than Colorado, even by the day.

It should be pointed out that the $409 price does NOT include any days at Vail/Beaver Creek. You have to bump up to the $449 price to get the Vail/Beaver Creek days.

Perhaps this provides an extra rationale (besides a monthly streak) for visiting Colorado in October.

Pajarito-Bred":cz7zcugp said:
Hey lookn4, and others,
Here's some Colorado pass info, it's definitely a good idea to visit CO in the fall, to pick up on some of the "local's" deals.

Hey Pajarito-Bred!

Thank you very much for the lead. This is one of the deals I was refering too.

BTW, my better half and I revisited Pajarito one day last season. We hadn't been there since '95, which was also the first time we laid power 8's on a virgin slope together. One could only do something like that on a Wed. in Los Alamos.

Thanks again!
Jeff

Back