Obama and the Ski Industry

Has anyone else noticed that the state of mogul skiing in the U.S. has deteriorated noticeably since Obama took office?

joegm":1c0n46pu said:
1) not everyone thinks GWB was the devil... some of us actually think he is a good man who tried to protect this country and stood up for his principles and core beliefs
2) anyone who thinks the current financial crisis was the sole fault of GWB and the republicans is a partisan fool
3) not everyone who likes skiing and enjoys the outdoors and wants to protect the environment is a looney left wing liberal democrat

:brick: :wink:

The # 3 is obvious, I find that people in the ski industry tend to be more right wing nuts than anything less, south or north of the border. :-k

joegm":1y4pk7xc said:
i bit my tongue on this thread because i agree that it brings the site down to levels that is should not be at.... i'll just say 3 things
1) not everyone thinks GWB was the devil... some of us actually think he is a good man who tried to protect this country and stood up for his principles and core beliefs
2) anyone who thinks the current financial crisis was the sole fault of GWB and the republicans is a partisan fool
3) not everyone who likes skiing and enjoys the outdoors and wants to protect the environment is a looney left wing liberal democrat

:roll:

1) GWB was a lightweight, not the devil. Unfortunately, the country needed better leadership than he was able to provide. I fault the Republican and Democratic party system for putting up potential candidates who basically sucked in the last three presidential elections. Bush 2, McCain, Gore, Kerry, and Obama were all "none of the above" for me.

2) A fiscally conservative President and Congress wouldn't have created the market imbalance that caused the sub-prime mortgage mess. A less lightweight leadership would have enforced anti-trust and SEC corporate governance law to avoid the M&A and consolidation mess that created a small number of huge poorly managed corporations that were too big to fail.

3) I'm a fiscal conservative, social moderate, green. We used to be called Rockefeller republicans. I'm disenfranchised by both parties.

Geoff":ia66obyf said:
joegm":ia66obyf said:
i bit my tongue on this thread because i agree that it brings the site down to levels that is should not be at.... i'll just say 3 things

1) GWB was a lightweight, not the devil. Unfortunately, the country needed better leadership than he was able to provide. I fault the Republican and Democratic party system for putting up potential candidates who basically sucked in the last three presidential elections. Bush 2, McCain, Gore, Kerry, and Obama were all "none of the above" for me.

2) A fiscally conservative President and Congress wouldn't have created the market imbalance that caused the sub-prime mortgage mess. A less lightweight leadership would have enforced anti-trust and SEC corporate governance law to avoid the M&A and consolidation mess that created a small number of huge poorly managed corporations that were too big to fail.

3) I'm a fiscal conservative, social moderate, green. We used to be called Rockefeller republicans. I'm disenfranchised by both parties.

i could easily respond to many of those points, like blaming the president for everything and not the congress, but i won't :roll: .. take it back to Kzone and keep FTO a real ski chat :roll:

jamesdeluxe":fh08nmw6 said:
Has anyone else noticed that the state of mogul skiing in the U.S. has deteriorated noticeably since Obama took office?

:roll: :roll:

joegm":13ji03cs said:
Geoff":13ji03cs said:
joegm":13ji03cs said:

i could easily respond to many of those points, like blaming the president for everything and not the congress, but i won't :roll: .. take it back to Kzone and keep FTO a real ski chat :roll:

Right. Like Guido didn't post 100,000 political threads to SkiVT-L. ...and I responded to your post. You have an obvious double standard. Why don't you just shut the hell up.

This is why I strive to keep things on topic.

Both of you, in your own corner.

Back