Best YouTube Ski Videos

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Sharon":pb9otkgz said:
This thread brings this video to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbrZpJm6zdA

just makes me smile

Sharon - this is one of my all time favorites now. Great combo of music, skiing and general vibe.

Do you have anymore this good? Anybody else have any awesome favorites?

If there was another thread on this I couldn't find it.

I use "youtube" generically...of course include ski tube or whatever.

:D

yep, that'd be a good one. that snow reminded me of my day last jan in the brighton b.c. the only time i could see was at the top before the drop and at the bottom. nice experience.
rog

This is one of the first ski videos i have seen on youtube and nothing has topped it.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ_GM-WNiMI[/youtube]

Welcome to the group, Aaron! And don't mind me but I just put the video inline for you. Over time our former BB code became less than effective as things at YouTube, etc. changed so just last night I added youtube and vimeo BB codes to allow for inline placement.

Aaron's video shows well the perfect Selkirk/Kootenay tree spacing that I comment upon from time to time. JSpin?

Tony Crocker":1lsxgzaa said:
Aaron's video shows well the perfect Selkirk/Kootenay tree spacing that I comment upon from time to time. JSpin?

That's not tree skiing. That's meadow skiing with some trees interspersed. :wink:

That's not tree skiing. That's meadow skiing with some trees interspersed.
The line being skied was wide with a few tracks but you could see that what was off to the side was still comfortably spaced most places. But my point is that acreage like this has appreciable more usable ski terrain than the same acreage in Vermont.

Tony Crocker":17u251or said:
But my point is that acreage like this has appreciable more usable ski terrain than the same acreage in Vermont.

I think that is more subjective than objective. If you can ski tight trees then almost all of the east is skiable. I thought those trees looked pretty wide spaced compared to what I'm used to skiing here on the EC. I don't see why that is necessarily "more usable ski terrain." IMO that argument is like saying medium steepness acounts for more appreciable usable ski terrain than steeper terrain, and therefore steeper terrain which is only accessable to the best skiers shouldn't be fully counted when counting total acreage of a mountain.

Back