North American ski trivia contest open now

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
OK, Sharon played around a bit on the forums last month with a couple of North American Ski Trivia questions, and y'all had fun with it. This got us thinking, why not formalize the process and offer something in return?

We're currently putting the finishing touches on an online contest that will reward one person who's "in the know" daily with a brand new pair of sunglasses from Serfas Optics or ski or snowboard socks from Bridgedale! History, geography...we'll cover it all. Expect a few easy questions, but anticipate some pretty tough ones, too.

What better way to celebrate the New Year than with warm feet or stylin' shades? Stay tuned...

jamesdeluxe":1mhuhz1k said:
Are 98% of the questions going to be Alta-related -- like your ski days?
:lol:

Just be happy that we're not giving out Alta day tix good for this week only. :wink:

jamesdeluxe":2n8qul0k said:
I'm still waiting for the beer I won from Sharon a few weeks ago.

you left before we got to the bar...sorry...you had to stick around to get that apres ski beer.

but if you can catch up to me at another ski area any time soon, I'd be happy to oblige.

How about Gore on MLK weekend?

Admin, could you post the answer and questions here (not necessarily the winner) the following day?

I've seen the questions so far, but missed a few of the answers.

Fun contest BTW...Without any research, I think I'm batting a 1000...however I might be wrong today. :wink:

Patrick":dihqmf7h said:
Admin, could you post the answer and questions here (not necessarily the winner) the following day?

Fun contest BTW...Without any research, I think I'm batting a 1000...however I might be wrong today. :wink:

Will do. FYI you're three for four.

Today's Question (which I thought might be too easy, but it's stumped quite a few):

What is the southermost commercial ski area currently operating in the U.S.?

Submit your answer here: http://www.firsttracksonline.com/formicula/main/form/2

Admin":bpxzl2ey said:
Today's Question (which I thought might be too easy, but it's stumped quite a few):

What is the southermost commercial ski area currently operating in the U.S.?

Submit your answer here: http://www.firsttracksonline.com/formicula/main/form/2

FYI, your odds are much improved today as we're getting lots of wrong answers. If you haven't yet submitted your answer, now's a great time to do so!

Admin":3joovl2n said:
Patrick":3joovl2n said:

Will do. FYI you're three for four.

Out of 4? So I presume I got today's wrong (unless it was wrong on Day 1 and today is correct?) :-k

jasoncapecod":1a8jbhsu said:
do we have to enter all the personal info every time?

Yes, although if you use auto-form-fill in your browser, or pre-fill it'll save you the trouble. If you're registered as a user on the main website (a separate registration from the forums) it'll pre-fill your username (not the same as your required real name, unless you make it so) and your email address automatically. All that form does is create an email contest entry sent to FTO and a confirmation email sent to you, so it needs to be entered each time.

Congratulations to Tuesday's winner, Peter Landsman of Waterville, Maine! Peter scored himself a brand new pair of Precision Fit ski socks from Bridgedale for correctly answering "Mt. Lemmon, Arizona" to the question, "What is the southermost commercial ski area currently operating in the U.S.?"

Now, for Today's Question: Where was the first rope tow in the U.S. built?

Answer here: http://www.firsttracksonline.com/formicula/main/form/2

I never hear much about Mt. Lemmon, except as the answer to the trivia question. Without snowmaking and lower than Arizona Snowbowl I suspect it's operation is quite erratic. Also, unlike Flagstaff Tucson receives most of its precipitation in summer.

From the references Mt. Lemmon is doing well so far this season. But that big storm both SoCal and Arizona got in mid-December is a rarity. Since then Arizona has done much better with small refresher storms.

Congratulations to Friday's winner, Bryson Young of Evanston, Illinois! Bryson scored himself a brand new pair of Squall sunglasses from Serfas Optics, complete with interchangeable lenses for correctly answering "Woodstock, Vermont" to the question, "Where was the first rope tow in the U.S. built?"

Now, for Today's Question:
What beer company scion built a chain of ski areas throughout the eastern U.S. and Quebec during the early 20th century?

Enter here:
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/formicula/main/form/2

Back