FTO'ers on Twitter?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Over the past several months I've started using Twitter and I confess that I've become addicted. It's not only perfect for instant communication with friends, but I've been using it to build ski industry relationships, send spur-of-the-moment musings or pictures, or discuss whatever's happening. Right now I'm using it for a mix of business and personal, although I may split those out into separate accounts later if it builds to that point.

Are any other FTO'ers using it? It would be fun to list our usernames here to make following easier. I'm at FirstTracksMag (http://www.twitter.com/FirstTracksMag/ ) -- anyone else?

I just got on the tweet-train.
I originally joined it while testing some components for Joomla base web sites.
My first good use of twitter was scoring some free pre-seasron Detroit Red Wings Hockey TIX. The Red Wings public relations person twitterd the first 15 people that find him on the steps of Joe Louis Area get a free pair of TIX.
http://www.twitter.com/thestreetpost
I am now following you!

mikesathome":psv49gsf said:
I am now following you!

Cool! Ditto.

Seriously, I never fully understood the point until I started using it. It's seriously addictive, fun, fast-paced and informative. I only look at my Facebook account every few days now, as I much prefer Twitter. Having a good mobile Twitter client helps, too.

Admin":3caiq2ym said:
It's not only perfect for instant communication with friends,...
It is probably the singular worst medium for instant communication with friends.
Easily one of the most moronic inventions of the social media.
I don't listen to you all that much when on a lift. What makes you think your 140 char max brain farts are so compelling? :stir: :rotfl: :troll:

Marc_C":2p1iq7ur said:
I don't listen to you all that much when on a lift. What makes you think your 140 char max brain farts are so compelling?

Just remember that riding having to ride a lift with you is the single biggest factor behind my purchase of a helmet with built-in audio.

Admin":259qujx6 said:
Marc_C":259qujx6 said:
I don't listen to you all that much when on a lift. What makes you think your 140 char max brain farts are so compelling?

Just remember that riding having to ride a lift with you is the single biggest factor behind my purchase of a helmet with built-in audio.

Nice, I thought you were going to reference that old goat pic with the girl (sorry, I don't recall her name) looking like she might want to jump off the lift instead of sitting next to him. :lol:

Admin":gh0ieqp2 said:
Marc_C":gh0ieqp2 said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Patrick":1np3t3eb said:
that old goat pic with the girl (sorry, I don't recall her name) looking like she might want to jump off the lift instead of sitting next to him. :lol:
I only skied once with Pat, but the entire time, she was smiling and giggling... I remember her saying "you people from the east are so much FUNNIER, BRIGHTER, AND MORE RELAXED than those slobs I normally ski with."

jamesdeluxe":332qx2vl said:
I only skied once with Pat, but the entire time, she was smiling and giggling... I remember her saying "you people from the east are so much FUNNIER, BRIGHTER, AND MORE RELAXED than those slobs I normally ski with."
She was referring to Guido.

jamesdeluxe":3db27vvs said:
she was smiling and giggling... I remember her saying "you people from the east are so much FUNNIER, BRIGHTER, AND MORE RELAXED than those slobs I normally ski with."
Marc_C":3db27vvs said:
She was referring to Guido.
Nah, she loves Admin. However, I do recall a comment she made (and I'm paraphrasing) "praying that Alta would institute a smoking ban on lifts, because no one wants to confront him directly."
8-[

I've suggested for years that we all pin him down one day and stick about 20 nicotine patches on him. (Reference: South Park, Krusty the Klown trying to quit) \:D/

Marc_C":1e2qm0il said:
(Reference: South Park, Krusty the Klown trying to quit) \:D/

Krusty the Clown is on The Simpsons. Stop trying to make it look like you follow popular culture. :lol:

I know that. Brain thought Simpsons, fingers typed South Park. Cube-mates were talking about S.P. at the time.

I could tell you about the cognitive processes behind all that, but that would be giving away Ninja secrets and anyone who reads this would then have to be killed.

I presume the latter part of this thread is an example of the informative dialogue found on Twitter. :lol:

Back