NCAA Basketball

q

Well off topic question as ever from me. Having gleamed, but eventually bombed out by winter weather, a lot of information on golf in SLC this year I am looking for some help on NCAA tickets...

I'm hoping to get a ticket to the NCAA Elite 8 in SLC on Saturday 27th March 2010. I'd love to have gone to the games on Thursday 25th as well but want to stay in Montana a little longer with my friends and something has to give.

Anyway, a few questions...

1) toptickets.us seem to have about the best deal for one ticket for the single game, anyone know if they are a decent company to book through?
2) Normally for NBA games I get an email ticket but apparently for NCAA you get a commemorative ticket and it has to be sent to your credit card address.... Anyone got experience on sending anything by International Express Delivery to the UK or Europe? If so, is it reliable and does it take long?

Reason I ask is they seem to suggest tickets will not come out til late Feb or early March and I fly out March 17th. What chance of getting a ticket on the day? I am guessing not much?

Cheers, Q

I'm not at all familiar with games in SLC, but in general at the tournament, if you have to wait until that weekend to get tickets, you'll have better luck getting Saturday/Sunday tickets because fans of the losing teams from Thursday/Friday games might not want to stick around.

SKI-3PO":2pxg8q50 said:
I'm not at all familiar with games in SLC, but in general at the tournament, if you have to wait until that weekend to get tickets, you'll have better luck getting Saturday/Sunday tickets because fans of the losing teams from Thursday/Friday games might not want to stick around.

As a big IU fan/alumn, 3po is right. It may be pricey but it's worth going through a scalper if you really want a seat.

As a big IU fan/alumn, 3po is right. It may be pricey but it's worth going through a scalper if you really want a seat.

I can get a ticket online for $109 with about $40 to deliver it. So do you think I'd be better rocking up on the day and taking my chances as I was prepared to pay that my only issue being whether the company was legit and whether the ticket will get to the UK before I fly out.

For all my ticket needs , sporting or concert I use Craigslist...There is always someone selling last minute tickets, usually bellow face value.

q":1ry8fjgd said:

I can get a ticket online for $109 with about $40 to deliver it. So do you think I'd be better rocking up on the day and taking my chances as I was prepared to pay that my only issue being whether the company was legit and whether the ticket will get to the UK before I fly out.

It depends, where are the seats? If they are good seats, then it might be worth having them sent to you. Just make sure they aren't sent to you a week before the game! If the seats are bad, the odds are you can can get crappy seats from scalpers for less than $150. If you have friends in the states, can you have the tickets delivered to them?

It depends, where are the seats? If they are good seats, then it might be worth having them sent to you. Just make sure they aren't sent to you a week before the game! If the seats are bad, the odds are you can can get crappy seats from scalpers for less than $150. If you have friends in the states, can you have the tickets delivered to them?

Yeah, the seats are in the upper bowl so not great but good enough for me, the price of the lower bowl just ain't worth it for me.

I've got a few friends in the states so that is an option although one only has a PO address so that rules him out.

I am more swaying towards rocking up on the day now and taking my chances. I'd just be disappointed to get there and have to pay stupid money or not get a ticket as I had planned to stay up in Montana longer this winter but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to go and see some March Madness basketball and all these god damn college students jumping up and down in their, sorry, getting carried away again haha.....

If you really want the tickets, and the security that comes with that, have them ordered to your friends house and buy them ahead of time.

Yes, it seems obvious to have the Montana friends order the tickets. No need to forward them then; you just pick them up when you arrive on your ski trip.

Haha, it just so happens that it is my Montana friends that don't do the tinternet and have a PO address.

I will get my SLC bud ontot he case for me I think.

q":3lll8d2k said:
Haha, it just so happens that it is my Montana friends that don't do the tinternet and have a PO address.
So? Doesn't mean you can't do the ordering. Just make sure that the fulfillment company will mail to a PO box.

q":3lll8d2k said:
I will get my SLC bud ontot he case for me I think.
Probably a better option.

What's this NCAA you speak of?

Marc_C":1qgoe2b6 said:

NCAA is the National Collegiate Athletics Association and it is the competitions between all the colleges in the USA such as Baseball, Basketball, Football etc etc.

March Madness is the comman name for the Basketball competition between the colleges and I watch it each year on my travels. Cracking stuff.

My choice at the minute is pay ~£100 for a ticket to this or ~£320 for flights up to Alaska for a few days during my month over your way....

q":29m8r4sk said:
Marc_C":29m8r4sk said:

NCAA is the National Collegiate Athletics Association and it is the competitions between all the colleges in the USA such as Baseball, Basketball, Football etc etc.

March Madness is the comman name for the Basketball competition between the colleges and I watch it each year on my travels. Cracking stuff.

My choice at the minute is pay ~£100 for a ticket to this or ~£320 for flights up to Alaska for a few days during my month over your way....

I think Marc knew that. It was just a comment in which he tried to prove how he is "smarter" and "better" than everyone else by refusing to acknowledge sports that involve balls. If he didn't know it then I think it would be best that he crawled out the hole he lives in. :p

rfarren":2o333ni5 said:
It was just a comment in which he tried to prove how he is "smarter" and "better" than everyone else by refusing to acknowledge sports that involve balls.

Geez, Rob...lighten up and take a joke, will ya? :roll:

Admin":370r9c7v said:
rfarren":370r9c7v said:
It was just a comment in which he tried to prove how he is "smarter" and "better" than everyone else by refusing to acknowledge sports that involve balls.

Lighten up? Remember I
come from the land of dense powder, and even denser urban centers! :wink: :wink: :p

Admin":2w7zn5zx said:
rfarren":2w7zn5zx said:

All to easy. :?

Back