So what did Santa bring you?

kamrienlorrry

I received:

-Rinehart 18-1 Target
-Gift Card to Fleet Farm (Sporting Goods Store)
-A new thermos
-A new pair of sneakers
-A new hang on stand and a climbing ladder
-Cash
What did you get?

A lump of coal. :lol:

No seriously, Santa brought me good friends this holiday season -- that's priceless.

He brought me a free trip to whistler, where I subsequently spent 600 bones on my fiancee's new custom boot liners and footbeds.

rfarren":3m9fzoor said:
He brought me a free trip to whistler, where I subsequently spent 600 bones on my fiancee's new custom boot liners and footbeds.

Should I rat you out for not declaring those? :troll:

EMSC":qr7szrqf said:
A bouncing baby boy (well it was on the 26th, but close enough).

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

(And with a birthday like that one, you'll forever feel tapped at the end of the year and the kid will forever feel ripped off. :lol: )

EMSC":2vm2nk1i said:
A bouncing baby boy (well it was on the 26th, but close enough).

Wrong thread...you should have posted this in the So What Did the Stork bring you? thread.

Congrats!!! :mrgreen:

...and sorry to tell you, but Admin is probably not far off with the last line of his post.

rfarren":1simkbv9 said:
Congrats!

Thanks!

Admin":1simkbv9 said:
(And with a birthday like that one, you'll forever feel tapped at the end of the year and the kid will forever feel ripped off. :lol: )

For certain on the first one (see below). and maybe on the second - He's got a cousin born Dec 1st in Rochester, NY that we might do some sort of time shift dual birthday birthday wise in the 'critical' birthday years or etc... (other random ideas go here), or somehow make it fun and unique for him.

Patrick":1simkbv9 said:
Wrong thread...{snip}

Congrats!!! :mrgreen:

We'll it didn't fit in any other existing thread :) ... and Thanks.

Been absent from the boards except a little bit of reading of others threads at times for a couple weeks now. We got the :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ out of us as he came pre-packaged with pneumonia in his lungs and had to spend 9 days in NICU (so he's already a very expensive little guy, Admin #-o :lol: ). Totally fine now and at home with mom & grand parents.

Congratulations!
EMSC":36sjpalx said:
Been absent from the boards except a little bit of reading of others threads at times for a couple weeks now.
After writing a Greek Peak TR especially for EMSC, I was disappointed that he didn't post any Big Al comments.

jamesdeluxe":38toop2i said:
After writing a Greek Peak TR especially for EMSC, I was disappointed that he didn't post any Big Al comments.

No time, of course.

My fav of your GP TR was the pic of the "not responsible for grease falling on you" sign at the ticket window...

EMSC":14kibhoa said:
My fav of your GP TR was the pic of the "not responsible for grease falling on you" sign at the ticket window...
Yep (and I mentioned it immediately afterward to Sharon on the lift) -- that was my Xmas gift to you.

I'm sure you know... how long has that sign been there? I don't recall seeing anything remotely similar at any other ski area, because that immediately conveys an obvious infrastructure problem.
:?

James,

The worst part of it is that the sign is no bull. We skied there after a wet 6 inches or so with it warming above freezing and we literally got covered in that crap raining down from us on the lift. Thus, not only did Wolf Creek cost $7 less to ski at that Greek Peak, but we did not get grease rained on us.

That's the real reason to move out west O:) .

-Craig

jamesdeluxe":197t5lbv said:
how long has that sign been there? I don't recall seeing anything remotely similar at any other ski area, because that immediately conveys an obvious infrastructure problem.

The sign is 'relatively new'. At least in GP standards where hardly anything ever changes. The sign has been there for something like 6-8 years now. Before that if you went to complain they would basically get into an argument with you, their customer, about how they would not pay to have your clothing cleaned. I'm sure they finally got sued in small claims court a few times or something so that they ended up with that sign.

So called "Grease-less shivs" (the wheels on lift towers are shiv's) have been around for a long time now - at least a couple decades. But those might cost a few hundred bucks a tower to replace.

Big Al recently mentioned in an interview that they're talking about letting guests wear soiled ski clothes into the new water park (all pools are outfitted with a special degreasing agent).

jamesdeluxe":17wle75c said:
Big Al recently mentioned in an interview that they're talking about letting guests wear soiled ski clothes into the new water park (all pools are outfitted with a special degreasing agent).
:rotfl: =D>

EMSC":1y1j2qhz said:
So called "Grease-less shivs" (the wheels on lift towers are shiv's)...
Actually, they are sheaves (but pronounced "shiv"). A shiv, otoh, is a slang term for a knife used as a weapon, particularly switchblades and razors.
This concludes today's installment of Fun With Words!

Back