Fees to replace a lost season pass?

Patrick

It's eventually going to make it to a TR, but I went skiing on Saturday and noticed my pass was gone ... with part of my jacket zipper. I guess it would serve me right to it at -25c.

Got inside and was informed that the replacement pass was $40. Not mentioning the area (for now), but this represents more than 15% of the actual price of the pass. WTF?

I'm just curious if anyone knows if this is a common practice and if the cost is in line with other areas. I was expected a cost, but $40 (slightly more than a day ticket).

Admin":2ew21ik5 said:
I've seen it range from $25-$150, with typical around $50.

I've seen it range from $20 (basically an administrative hassle fee), up to the cost of a day lift ticket (to discourage lost passes and also remind you what a 'deal' you are getting by not paying daily rates all season long). Last time I saw a free replacement pass was back around the mid-90's.

EMSC":31czwein said:
Admin":31czwein said:
I've seen it range from $25-$150, with typical around $50.

I've seen it range from $20 (basically an administrative hassle fee), up to the cost of a day lift ticket (to discourage lost passes and also remind you what a 'deal' you are getting by not paying daily rates all season long). Last time I saw a free replacement pass was back around the mid-90's.

Until this year, Killington gave you the first one for free. I lost mine last season in the main base lodge. It was attached to my goggle strap. I went to guest service to see if anybody had turned in my goggles & pass and they canceled the old pass and printed me a new one on the spot. I found the lost goggles and pass kicked under the espresso stand about 15 minutes later.

Gore wanted $25. I was actually replacing mine because it got wet. If you can believe it, all the printing came off.

I used my personality and charm :roll: to talk my way out of the charge.

Nice to see a new poster come out of the woodwork. Welcome manchester81!

A replacement pass for Squaw is $100. If you try to use limited pass on a day that it is not valid or let someone else use your pass, they can take take it away for the season. You may think they don't look at the pass when you go through the gate to get on a lift as it can be in your pocket, but the pass puts your picture and vital statistic on a screen for the ticket checker to see.

Back