Forum text issue

J.Spin

Marc, has anyone else commented on the behavior of the text entry box in the forum over the past couple of months? Whenever my message is larger than the white box that's privided for text entry, it's impossible to edit/add code to the latter portions of text in the messages - if I try to select anything down below, the whole text box immediately flips back to the beginning. I haven't noticed it in any other website forums, so presumably it's not entirely on my end. Just wondering if this is a bug or something that's been observed by others.

-J

J.Spin":2a05gsw0 said:
Marc, has anyone else commented on the behavior of the text entry box in the forum over the past couple of months? Whenever my message is larger than the white box that's privided for text entry, it's impossible to edit/add code to the latter portions of text in the messages - if I try to select anything down below, the whole text box immediately flips back to the beginning. I haven't noticed it in any other website forums, so presumably it's not entirely on my end. Just wondering if this is a bug or something that's been observed by others.

-J

Haven't observed it myself, nor have I received any other reports of that behavior. For me if I continue typing a message longer than the text box it creates scroll bars on the text box. That I've observed in Firefox, MSIE and Chrome -- haven't tested on Opera in a while.

Edit: are you on IE 8 and Vista?

Admin":1fo0ux8s said:
J.Spin":1fo0ux8s said:
Haven't observed it myself, nor have I received any other reports of that behavior. For me if I continue typing a message longer than the text box it creates scroll bars on the text box. That I've observed in Firefox, MSIE and Chrome -- haven't tested on Opera in a while.
I do still get the scroll bars once the text is large enough. I was just now messing around trying to type some text in a message box, and it didn't immediately seem to do it with that text. I do typically paste my text in from MS Word, so it's possible I'm bringing along some code or something that is promoting it. I'll have to try stripping out the coding of Word by converting to straight text next time and see what happens.

Thanks for the input, I'll let you know if converting to text helps with the issue.

-J

Word introduces characters that aren't compatible with our MySQL database encoding. Be sure to stick with straight text.

J.Spin":3b6c9rgh said:
Whenever my message is larger than the white box that's privided for text entry, it's impossible to edit/add code to the latter portions of text in the messages - if I try to select anything down below, the whole text box immediately flips back to the beginning.(...). Just wondering if this is a bug or something that's been observed by others.
I noticed the exact same thing when using the computer where I was staying at a Hotel in Vermont. Drove me crazy when I wrote my Ottawa local TR.

Give it a try now. In researching your problem I found isolated reports of some folks experiencing this issue with IE8. I've instituted the recommended fix and await your feedback.

Admin":22beq1a5 said:
Give it a try now. In researching your problem I found isolated reports of some folks experiencing this issue with IE8. I've instituted the recommended fix and await your feedback.
Thanks for looking into it; I've tested it a couple of times and everything seems to be working fine, even pasting in text from Microsoft Word 2003.

-J

Back