Support a Ski Museum: Canadian Ski Museum auction

Patrick

Some of you know that I'm a big advocate in support of the Canadian Ski Museum and preservation of ski history.

Unlike many of the bigger museums in Ottawa and in other big cities, the Canadian Ski Museum has very little financial support from governments. The only support are through research grants and public donations. The Canadian Ski Museum is situated on the 3rd floor on the Trail Head building/store. The exhibit space is small, but the backroom is filled with the priceless collection in Canadian ski memorabilia. Like most museums, space issues limits display possibilities. The museum is mostly run by dedicated volunteers.

Every year the Canadian Ski Museum has a few events that are made to bring awareness of the skiing rich history.

About the Canadian Ski Museum

Currently there is a live auction that is ending soon.

Canadian Ski Museum":3dd6vxec said:
Our online auction has launched and will run from 9:00 a.m. today until 4:00 p.m. on November 15.
I encourage everyone to check out the fantastic prizes we’ve received from our generous donors. New items will be listed on an ongoing basis so check back often and proceeds will support the Canadian Ski Museum/Ski Hall of Fame.

Canadian Ski Museum online auction

Please visit the museum, live or online.

Canadian Ski Museum Collection

Exhibits

Canadian Ski Hall of Fame

Even better, why don't you get involved?

Get Involved

At one point, probably on the other side of Winter, I would like to go a story on the wonderful collection found at the Museum.

You don't have to support the Canadian Ski Museum (although they really need your help), so can also support one of these ski museums:

The Financial states, responsibilities and collections of these aren't all equal, I know and have visited a few of them. Some are most in dire straits than others, regardless of the value of their resources and collections.

Québec

Musée de ski de Québec at Mont Ste-Anne Musée de ski de Québec

Musée de ski des Laurentides in St-Sauveur QC Musée de ski des Laurentides

United States

U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame in Ishpeming MI U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame

East

New England Ski Museum in Franconia Notch (Cannon) NH New England Ski Museum

Ski Museum of Maine in Kingsfield ME Ski Museum of Maine

Vermont Ski Museum in Stowe VT Vermont Ski Museum

West

Western Skisport Museum and Hall of Fame in Soda Springs CA Western Skisport Museum and Hall of Fame

Alf Engen Ski Museum in Park City UT Alf Engen Ski Museum

Colorado Ski Museum in Vail CO Colorado Ski Museum

Mammoth Ski Museum in Mammoth Lakes CA Mammoth Ski Museum

First Tracks got the first version of the post... as I was waiting for a green light from the Ski Museum to add some text and pics to the story. I also modified the text somewhat.

Ski Mad World blog

Tony, did you ever stay at Nancy Greene's place and skied with her? :wink:

Someone on Mammoth Forum posted that the ski museum there is now closed. Patrick's link refers to it being open in July and August.

I skied a day and a half at Sun Peaks in 2006. During one of the evenings Nancy Greene was there to give a spiel to newly arrived tourists.

Back