Trip reports

Topics of a general nature regarding snowsports, which don't easily fit into one of our other Liftlines categories. This is also the place to post Letters to the Editor.

Trip reports

Postby t.e.r.j.e » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm developing an application where you can write about your ski days and add things like photos, videos and also a GPS track (from you mobile phone or GPS device) for viewing the trip on the map. The application is fully operational now, and I hope that maybe more of you can have use for it and could give some feedback on improvements and new functionality.

The application is on Facebook so it's easy to also see friend's reports: http://apps.facebook.com/snowlog/
t.e.r.j.e

Re: Trip reports

Postby Marc_C » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:15 am

t.e.r.j.e wrote:I'm developing an application where you can write about your ski days and add things like photos, videos and also a GPS track (from you mobile phone or GPS device) for viewing the trip on the map.

Wow. Just like all the stuff you can do in this forum.
-marc
Marc_C

Postby t.e.r.j.e » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Yes, that's true, but I want to take that further. Having the reports in a more structured way makes it easier to follow friends reports, look back at your own reports, and can open possibilities to make services like searching for reports from an area you're interested in on the map.

So I hope you will try it and give some feedback. An example of a backcountry report: http://apps.facebook.com/snowlog/view.php?day=497
t.e.r.j.e

Postby Marc_C » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Oh. Facebook. Another good reason not to use it.
-marc
Marc_C

Trip reports

Postby socal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Marc_C wrote:Oh. Facebook. Another good reason not to use it.

For once I agree with Marc.
socal

Return to General Discussion