Wi Fi on a ski lift?

Topics of a general nature regarding snowsports, which don't easily fit into one of our other Liftlines categories. This is also the place to post Letters to the Editor.

Re: Wi Fi on a ski lift?

Postby berkshireskier » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:13 pm

LandonY wrote:I'm against wifi on a lift. I can just see the people hanging out at the exit to finish reading their emails or surfing the internet. Why don't they just put a Starbucks in there along with a some dude playing guitar to top it all off? I do treat snow skiing as an escape from work and electronics in general. I will check my phone for messages at the lodge but beyond that, I keep it zipped up in my jacket.

I couldn't agree more. I hate seeing people on ski slopes or ski lifts who are constantly checking their phones for messages. Humanity survived and thrived for 20,000 years WITHOUT having to check their smart phones constantly. Of course, I say this as the father of 15-year old daughter who can't go more than 2 minutes without checking her phone to see if one of her moronic friends has sent her some meaningless and vapid text message.
berkshireskier

Postby rfarren » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 am

berkshireskier wrote:Of course, I say this as the father of 15-year old daughter who can't go more than 2 minutes without checking her phone to see if one of her moronic friends has sent her some meaningless and vapid text message.

Oh Man, Teenagers!!! This perhaps my favorite thing you've ever written on the forum.
Rob
rfarren

Postby berkshireskier » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 am

rfarren wrote:
berkshireskier wrote:Of course, I say this as the father of 15-year old daughter who can't go more than 2 minutes without checking her phone to see if one of her moronic friends has sent her some meaningless and vapid text message.

Oh Man, Teenagers!!! This perhaps my favorite thing you've ever written on the forum.

LOL. Thank you very much. I love my daughter ..........but.......being the father of a teenager in this day and age can be VERY trying, especially with the ubiquitous nature of communication personified by the iPhone.
berkshireskier

Postby rfarren » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 pm

berkshireskier wrote:LOL. Thank you very much. I love my daughter ..........but.......being the father of a teenager in this day and age can be VERY trying, especially with the ubiquitous nature of communication personified by the iPhone.

I teach a 7th and 8th grade two days a week, and a bunch of teenagers privately. I have the upmost respect for parents, and the amount of patience they display in regards to their teens. I never really though Bill Cosby's brain damage routine was that funny until I started teaching. I'm just happy that I'm now moving towards a life without teaching.
Rob
rfarren

Postby jasoncapecod » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:31 am

LOL. Thank you very much. I love my daughter ..........but.......being the father of a teenager in this day and age can be VERY trying, especially with the ubiquitous nature of communication personified by the iPhone.

How would you like to be the father of 2 teenage daughters.. ](*,)

everything Berkshire says is true...
jasoncapecod

Postby berkshireskier » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 am

jasoncapecod wrote:

How would you like to be the father of 2 teenage daughters.. ](*,)

everything Berkshire says is true...

One teenage daughter has ALMOST put me into the insane asymlum; two would put me right over the edge - no doubt about it.
berkshireskier

Previous

Return to General Discussion