New mobile site

Here you'll find helpful tips regarding the operation of the Discussion Boards at First Tracks!! Online, as well as general announcements for our users.

New mobile site

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:37 pm

FTO readers will now find a new, cleaner and more attractive mobile site when viewing from iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Windows Phone and more. Here are a few screen shots from an Android phone to give you a taste:

The new site is already live; just fire up your mobile device's web browser and visit www.FirstTracksOnline.com!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: New mobile site

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:39 am

FYI, as part of our redesigned mobile site, iPhone users now have the ability to create a Web-app of FTO. iPhone users will be prompted whether or not they wish to do so when visiting FTO with their mobile browser no more often than once a week.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this feature as I don't have an iPhone for testing.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Marc_C » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Admin wrote:iPhone users will be prompted whether or not they wish to do so when visiting FTO with their mobile browser no more often than once a week.

Prompt one time only per device, then just leave a link somewhere that provides the functionality. For those of us who check here regularly, even once every two weeks week is too often. For those who visit only occasionally, it will seem like the prompt always appears.

I swear if I get yet another automatic, unrequested Crapatalk prompt on *any* site.........
-marc
Marc_C

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Marc_C wrote:
Admin wrote:iPhone users will be prompted whether or not they wish to do so when visiting FTO with their mobile browser no more often than once a week.

Prompt one time only per device, then just leave a link somewhere that provides the functionality. For those of us who check here regularly, even once every two weeks week is too often. For those who visit only occasionally, it will seem like the prompt always appears.

I swear if I get yet another automatic, unrequested Crapatalk prompt on *any* site.........

Just once is unfortunately not an option, but as time goes by I'll definitely be reducing the frequency.

Admin
Site Admin

Return to F.Y.I.