Another Missing Thread: Mt. Abrams Solar Energy

Tony Crocker

Administrator
Staff member
I sent the following e-mail inquiry:
Tony Crocker":243jir0h said:
I think we have another missing thread. Remember when soulskier bragged about the solar energy he was producing at Mt. Abrams in Maine? Kevin and I, among others, analyzed that the Mt. Abrams deal was only viable due to multiple government subsidies. Later I linked to a map of solar energy potential that to no surprise showed Maine near the bottom of the barrel.

A search on soulskier shows no posts after 2012, and I'm sure this thread was more recent.
Responses:
EMSC":243jir0h said:
The introducing MRA thread ends at the time of the Mt Abrams announcement. About a year or so later soulskier was so proud of a detailed article written up about how they had accomplished the feat of solar which caused all of the analysis of ridiculous subsidies. So definitely either missing a whole thread or several pages of the MRA thread based on a quick search.

Lost back in the 'hacker' days and never noticed till now?
jamesdeluxe":243jir0h said:
I remember seeing that map of solar energy potential recently, within the last three months unless I'm completely mistaken.
That map was taken from the Cliff Mass Weather Blog: http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2015/04/t ... power.html That blog was published April 17, so James is close to the mark on when it was posted to FTO. There is no question that the Mt. Abrams Solar Energy thread has gone AWOL, been deleted.

Admin????

Admin":3ht4ye1c said:
Same answer as before: no clue.
Incorrect. The answer before was that admin had inadvertently deleted the thread. As before it will take some investigation to determine the correct answer. Perhaps admin should take MarcC's suggestion to hire someone who has the time to answer these kinds of questions.

Back