We're back!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
With another great ski and ride season just around the corner our summer news hiatus is officially over, and you can now once again find news and feature articles updated daily at our home page, www.FirstTracksOnline.com. Welcome back!

Tony Crocker":227i04lu said:
Is FTO News now on the print ski media schedule: Season starts in September and ends in February?

Would you like some cheese with that whine? :-({|=

Tony Crocker":2xb9cc33 said:
Not a whine, just an observation.

If that's what the viewing public wants, so be it.

No, it's what the editor (who otherwise has another full-time job, yet devotes countless hours to FTO) wants. Or at least has wanted for the past couple of summers. Whether or not the hiatus pattern will continue in subsequent years has yet to be determined.

For example, said editor started working on stories at 8 a.m. yesterday, and hasn't stopped since.

Admin":1m282w85 said:
For example, said editor started working on stories at 8 a.m. yesterday, and hasn't stopped since.
I'm sure it's no fun to restart after a 6 month hiatus. How do you sort out what's happened during that 6 months that's worthy of publication?

At any rate, during the first hiatus I suggested that a scheduled May-September hiatus might be a good idea.

Tony Crocker":3lsa7w0w said:
Admin":3lsa7w0w said:
I'm sure it's no fun to restart after a 6 month hiatus. How do you sort out what's happened during that 6 months that's worthy of publication?

I keep up with that throughout the summer, even though we're not publishing. So startup requires nothing more than weeding through what's newsworthy and getting it onto the site.

Back