Page 1 of 1

We're back!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:18 pm
by Admin
With another great ski and ride season just around the corner our summer news hiatus is officially over, and you can now once again find news and feature articles updated daily at our home page, www.FirstTracksOnline.com. Welcome back!

Re: We're back!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:26 pm
by Tony Crocker
Is FTO News now on the print ski media schedule: Season starts in September and ends in February?

Re: We're back!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:27 pm
by Admin
Tony Crocker wrote:Is FTO News now on the print ski media schedule: Season starts in September and ends in February?


Would you like some cheese with that whine? :-({|=

Re: We're back!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:46 pm
by Tony Crocker
Not a whine, just an observation.

If that's what the viewing public wants, so be it.

Re: We're back!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:48 pm
by Admin
Tony Crocker wrote:Not a whine, just an observation.

If that's what the viewing public wants, so be it.


No, it's what the editor (who otherwise has another full-time job, yet devotes countless hours to FTO) wants. Or at least has wanted for the past couple of summers. Whether or not the hiatus pattern will continue in subsequent years has yet to be determined.

For example, said editor started working on stories at 8 a.m. yesterday, and hasn't stopped since.

Re: We're back!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:37 pm
by Tony Crocker
Admin wrote:For example, said editor started working on stories at 8 a.m. yesterday, and hasn't stopped since.

I'm sure it's no fun to restart after a 6 month hiatus. How do you sort out what's happened during that 6 months that's worthy of publication?

At any rate, during the first hiatus I suggested that a scheduled May-September hiatus might be a good idea.

Re: We're back!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:39 pm
by Admin
Tony Crocker wrote:
Admin wrote:For example, said editor started working on stories at 8 a.m. yesterday, and hasn't stopped since.

I'm sure it's no fun to restart after a 6 month hiatus. How do you sort out what's happened during that 6 months that's worthy of publication?


I keep up with that throughout the summer, even though we're not publishing. So startup requires nothing more than weeding through what's newsworthy and getting it onto the site.