Return to our Home Page Latest Ski News - Resorts, Events, Equipment, World Cup and more Latest Snow Conditions from Around the World Ski Resort Feature Articles Ski and Snowboard Equipment Feature Articles Our Liftlines user forums A Ski Resort Map Covering All of North America User Downloads Search Our Site Free Ski News Subscriptions via RSS Our huge database of other ski and snowboard websites around the world Contact Us

New FTO format is live!

Here you'll find helpful tips regarding the operation of the Discussion Boards at First Tracks!! Online, as well as general announcements for our users.

re: New FTO format is live!

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:25 am

Thanks, Greg. While not in the immediate cards, especially because I like the forum theme, there may be a matching change down the road. The matching header, though, is a more immediate project.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: re: New FTO format is live!

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:35 pm

AlpineZone wrote:I understand that the forum is separate from the CMS used on the rest of the site, but have you considered at least updating colors on the forums to match the main site? You could probably also add a nav header to the top of the boards. It might just tie it all together better.

Done! (and apologies to users who found the page styles changing with each page change this evening :lol:)

Admin
Site Admin

Postby AlpineZone » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:25 am

Admin wrote:
AlpineZone wrote:I understand that the forum is separate from the CMS used on the rest of the site, but have you considered at least updating colors on the forums to match the main site? You could probably also add a nav header to the top of the boards. It might just tie it all together better.

Done! (and apologies to users who found the page styles changing with each page change this evening :lol:)

Nice! Looks good. Congrats.
AlpineZone

Postby JimG. » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:33 pm

Wow! I got a promotion. It seems that since the upgrade, I am now a moderator in all of the forums along with Ryan and Tony. And Admin isn't listed as a moderator in any forum. It's about time!

Marc, I'm assuming that wasn't your intention.
Gravity-it's not just a good idea, it's the law!
JimG.

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:37 pm

JimG. wrote:Marc, I'm assuming that wasn't your intention.

Actually, it was precisely my intention. Somewhere along the way in the course of upgrading Tony noticed that his moderator privileges had been deleted. When reinstating them I did so for all 3 of you (you had, in fact, inadvertantly lost the moderator privileges that you previously had). And the administrator has moderating rights by definition.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby JimG. » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:57 pm

Admin wrote:
JimG. wrote:Marc, I'm assuming that wasn't your intention.

Actually, it was precisely my intention. Somewhere along the way in the course of upgrading Tony noticed that his moderator privileges had been deleted. When reinstating them I did so for all 3 of you (you had, in fact, inadvertantly lost the moderator privileges that you previously had). And the administrator has moderating rights by definition.

So I did get a promotion! Because before the upgrade I was a Mod only in the ski instruction section.
JimG.

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:27 pm

JimG. wrote:So I did get a promotion! Because before the upgrade I was a Mod only in the ski instruction section.

Yep, you did. PHPBB-powered forums, due to the large number of installations out there, are susceptible to automatic registration by spam robots. Most are filtered out by some measures that I've implemented and some quick action on my part, but occasionally one does get registered and manages to post a topic or a reply before I get to it. Extra eyes to see and delete these are a good thing.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby JimG. » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:35 pm

Cool beans boss!
JimG.

Postby BobR » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:48 am

With the promotion Jim... leave early its a long weekend. :D
Skiing is my addiction
BobR

Postby JimG. » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:21 am

BobR wrote:With the promotion Jim... leave early its a long weekend. :D

Ha! Did you one better...I'm off all of next week!
JimG.

Previous

Return to F.Y.I.