RSS feed changes

Here you'll find helpful tips regarding the operation of the Discussion Boards at First Tracks!! Online, as well as general announcements for our users.

RSS feed changes

Postby Admin » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Folks, we've decided to let FeedBurner (recently acquired by Google) manage our RSS feed. If you're subscribed to our RSS feed for daily ski and snowboard news headlines please change the feed URL to the following:

http://feedproxy.google.com/firsttracksonline/pDno

We also offer a new RSS-to-email service that allows you to receive the latest ski and snowboard news in your email inbox. To do so, to add our news to popular web-based aggregators such as My Yahoo!, iGoogle, myAOL or Bloglines, or to learn more about our RSS feed please see the following RSS section from our FAQ:

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/index. ... Q&id_cat=3

Admin
Site Admin

Re: RSS feed changes

Postby jamesdeluxe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:11 am

Not sure where to put this, but I like the news scroll on the Board Index page. Before, I would just go straight to the forums and never read the news articles.

It's good to stay up-to-date about operations issues at ski areas and more importantly, I'm now aware of Deer Valley's newly expanded on-mountain mustard selection. :wink:
jamesdeluxe

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 am

jamesdeluxe wrote:Not sure where to put this, but I like the news scroll on the Board Index page. Before, I would just go straight to the forums and never read the news articles.

Then it's precisely serving my purpose for adding it there. Being able to use that chicklet is one benefit of transitioning to Google Feedburner.

jamesdeluxe wrote:It's good to stay up-to-date about operations issues at ski areas and more importantly, I'm now aware of Deer Valley's newly expanded on-mountain mustard selection. :wink:

And how could you have lived without that knowledge? :lol:

Admin
Site Admin

Postby jamesdeluxe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:56 am

I can't assume my habits are typical of other FTOers, but I've only got the Board Index bookmarked. That's why I mentioned before that it'd be cool to have a link function on that page to the most recently posted resort feature. If no one mentions a specific article in the forums, I sometimes don't realize it's online until much later.
jamesdeluxe

Return to F.Y.I.