A user is subscribed to a particular forum. A topic within that forum is updated and the user receives an update notification. If the user follows the link in the update notification to view the topic that was updated (i.e. the viewtopic.php link) the notify_status in the forum watch table is not cleared. The user must go to the viewforum.php link in order to clear the flag. As a result any other updates to this forum will not generate further update notifications until the flag is cleared.
This has been fixed.
A few others that you might notice:
- Correctly display subforum read/unread icons from RTL in FF3, Konqueror and Safari3+
- corrected link for searching post author's other posts
- Topic searches by author no longer return invalid results
- Show email ban reason on registration
- Sped up viewforum considerably
- Limit private message attachments to be viewable only by the recipient(s)/sender