Smartphone app for our forums

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
We've enabled our Liftlines forums with Tapatalk, an app for the following mobile devices:

You can even use it to upload images to the forum from your device. The problem is that my device is none of those above, so I'd be interested in feedback from anyone who cares to try it. Here are some screenshots:

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:
IMG_0036.png

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:
IMG_0037.png

See Who's Online:
IMG_0038.png

Reply to Post and Image Upload:
IMG_0041.png

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support
IMG_0042.png

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel
main.png

Same feature set as iPhone:
threadmenu.png

Quickly Reply to a conversation:
thread_bottom_menu.png

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

latest-v.png

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also
imageview.png

The app fee goes to the developer, not us. I'm just trying to find a way to make it easier for mobile users to participate in the forums. Looking forward to feedback! I need to know if this is worth providing or not.

Works very well. Looks perfect and its easy to use. Only thing developer needs to change is that you need to log in before going into post and replying.

Edit: found out that you just need to hold down on the post to reply or edit. Very nice.

App does cost three dollars if you want to post. Free app to read.

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk

I'm bumping this thread because there are now Tapatalk apps also available for Windows Phone 7, Nokia and Palm webOS for using Tapatalk with our Liftlines forums.

The app for the Palm webOS (Pre, Pixi) is currently in beta and for the moment is simply (and probably temporarily) called Forums Beta. More information is available here:

http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/? ... orums.beta

I'm using the webOS version now myself and it's slick. There's no attachment (photo upload) support yet but because the Android and iPhone apps support attachment uploads, and also because of the rate the developer is pumping out updates I'm optimistic that it will be available before long. I've nonetheless given him my wish list which includes attachments. At the moment the public beta is free. I have no clue what the developer plans to charge for the app once it hits Palm's regular App Catalog.

For those considering acquiring this app for their phone, understand that ~10,000 online forums are enabled with Tapatalk, so you will be able to use the app with many of the other forums you frequent besides ours. And the administrator of any phpBB, vBulletin, IPBoard or Simple Machines-powered forums can enable Tapatalk by simply uploading a folder to their site free of charge. It takes only a couple of minutes to complete, so a quick message to the forum's administrator can potentially convince them to enable their forums with Tapatalk.

Here's a video showing the beta version of the webOS app in action:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-jB0XViEU[/youtube]

Back