Edelweiss QC 11-12/2/12 – Lst Wkd or Zoom-her-to-Hospital

Patrick":2o65rgej said:
Her knee was really swollen. She was crying.

She was crying:
a) in pain.
b) feet were frozen.
c) in disappointment for missing 1) the upcoming speedcamp 2) Spring break 3) rest of her ski racing and ski season.
d) all of the above.

Heartbreaking.

Patrick":2o65rgej said:
Morgane mentioned, as she is a full leg cast, that she wanted to return next season, because of her friends and that ski racing is FUN..

Whatever you and she decide, it sounds like she's a tough and determined kid. At the same time, despite her significant injury, she's clearly able to reflect upon and appreciate the fun she had training and racing this year. It sounds like she's demonstrating a very good set of personality traits with which to face the future. It might not seem like it today, but you are a lucky man.

As all the kids say these days. . . vibes.

Thanks, it is appreciated flyover.

As a parent and skier dad, you always feel bad and somewhat responsible when your kid gets injured, regardless of the circumstances.

Thanks for the kind words.

Update, Morgane surgery got bump back due to an emergency today. Its a long shot for tomorrow, probably Friday.

As for myself, I've got a mixed review for my own medical issue yesterday. Everything from surgery, meds for life or to do nothing and it was too infrequent of a problem. :-s *sigh*

Patrick":2weum1m7 said:
Thanks for the kind words.

Update, Morgane surgery got bump back due to an emergency today. Its a long shot for tomorrow, probably Friday.

As for myself, I've got a mixed review for my own medical issue yesterday. Everything from surgery, meds for life or to do nothing and it was too infrequent of a problem. :-s *sigh*

It really seem's like an "annus horribilis" for you this year, puts in perspective our little insignificant problems, the lack of snow and having to ski on our microscopic ski hills...(I'm still recovering from Whistler)
A humongous "Merde" to Morgan for her surgery, and what this about you and surgery ? Althougth we don't know each other much, you being about the same age as I am, I can definitively relate to your recent health issues.
Un gros "Merde" a toi aussi.

Patrick, so sorry to read of your issues and Morgane's broken leg. Is is a tibia plateau fracture? (that's what I had some year's ago!)

Keep us posted on her surgery and prognosis, and on how you're doing.

Our season will end on Apr. 28, as I am planning on knee replacement surgery on May. 2. Yikes! It has been a bad year for injuries (and deaths unfortunately). [-o<

skibum4ever":3n0k3mxd said:
Patrick, so sorry to read of your issues and Morgane's broken leg. Is is a tibia plateau fracture? (that's what I had some year's ago!)

Keep us posted on her surgery and prognosis, and on how you're doing.

Appointmetn at 6:30am tomorrow morning. Operation at 8am. The Pink cast comes off tomorrow...it would seem that she might have a splint afterward (my daughter didn't get an cast signed as we thought that she was going to get another after the operation. As for myself, need to get an appointment for a 2nd opinion.

Not sure if it's the plateau, I can ask.

skibum4ever":3n0k3mxd said:
Our season will end on Apr. 28, as I am planning on knee replacement surgery on May. 2. Yikes! It has been a bad year for injuries (and deaths unfortunately). [-o<

Good luck, at least Mammoth won't be closing on July 4th this year.

Back