Return to our Home Page Latest Ski News - Resorts, Events, Equipment, World Cup and more Latest Snow Conditions from Around the World Ski Resort Feature Articles Ski and Snowboard Equipment Feature Articles Our Liftlines user forums A Ski Resort Map Covering All of North America User Downloads Search Our Site Free Ski News Subscriptions via RSS Our huge database of other ski and snowboard websites around the world Contact Us

Whiteface NY : March 14, 2012 – Spring Break Sucks!!!

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in eastern US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Postby Patrick » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm

New York sucks!!! Whiteface sucks!!! Titus sucks!!! Big Tupper sucks!!! 2012 sucks!!! This Winter sucks!!! Works sucks!!! Taking day off work sucks!!! Traveling with family sucks!!! Music lessons sucks!!! Traveling solo sucks!!! Health issues sucks!!! Sick pet sucks!!! Spring Break Sucks!!! This weather sucks!!! Snow conditions sucks!!! Road trips sucks!!! Skiing sucks!!! Not skiing sucks!!! My life sucks!!! MadPatSki sucks!!! This blog sucks!!!

Now that it’s out-of-the-way, I can start writing this TR. Spring Break week was reduced to one day of family skiing and at that time, it looked like Whiteface only had a few weeks to go before the end of the season. That was before the Eastern Ski Disaster and Winter Hating Heatwave hit.

Read more...click below
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2012/03/ ... eak-sucks/
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
http://madpatski.wordpress.com
Patrick

Re: Whiteface NY : March 14, 2012 – Spring Break Sucks!!!

Postby Anthony » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Yeah and the rain continues,spent the day in Montreal with the live butterflies :shock: at the Montreal Botanical Gardens instead of skiing. Now nothing against butterflies but this is prime ski time. My wife just says get over it winter is done ,move on.
Anthony

Postby Patrick » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Anthony wrote:Yeah and the rain continues,spent the day in Montreal with the live butterflies :shock: at the Montreal Botanical Gardens instead of skiing. Now nothing against butterflies but this is prime ski time. My wife just says get over it winter is done ,move on.

I went skiing locally, okay it was one run. The TR is done, but I'm leaving for Montreal at 6am tomorrow, so enough posting. I also finished my Monday Mad Addict's attic post for tomorrow. Oh yeah, I started skinning up and it started raining.
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
http://madpatski.wordpress.com
Patrick

Postby admafw » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Patrick, I couldn't agree more! I went out to Whiteface on the March 21st for the start of a quick 3 day swing into NY & VT.
IMG_5030 (Small).JPG
IMG_5030 (Small).JPG (66.13 KiB) Viewed 932 times
The picture is of the top of Paron's Run - interesting concept of what constitutes an "open" run... Upper Skyward was better but a badly twisted knee early on kept me out of the bumps after 1 run. The concept of skiing in shorts in 80 degree weather is great, the reality sucks! By lunch time each turn involved the possiblity of a 2 foot wave of slush pouring into my boot tops.

Setting my sights for December...
admafw

Return to Eastern North America