Return to our Home Page Latest Ski News - Resorts, Events, Equipment, World Cup and more Latest Snow Conditions from Around the World Ski Resort Feature Articles Ski and Snowboard Equipment Feature Articles Our Liftlines user forums A Ski Resort Map Covering All of North America User Downloads Search Our Site Free Ski News Subscriptions via RSS Our huge database of other ski and snowboard websites around the world Contact Us

WILDCAT NH APRIL 6 , 2012

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in eastern US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

WILDCAT NH APRIL 6 , 2012

Postby Anthony » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Down in NH as family wanted to go shopping and the idea of hanging around outlet malls all day was appealing as waiting for the Doctor so tossed my skis in the car and said drop me off at Wildcat . Arrived at Wildcat today at high noon just as the clouds broke up resulting in clear conditions with a good wind cranking out of the north . Temps at noon were in the low 40's at the base and low 30's at the summit . Skiiing was decent today as the sun softened things up just enough to hold a edge and I haven't sharpened the edges in 2 seasons so would have been better with tuned equipment. The last time I was at Wildcat was in the early 90's when they still had those multi coloured gondola cars so it has been a while . The high speed chair is just that very fast . Skied about 4 hours doing high speed cruising top to base in the sunshine , good day overall . Nice views of Mt. Washington . Will post some pics later .
Anthony

Re: WILDCAT NH APRIL 6 , 2012

Postby Anthony » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Added some pics from last Friday ( April 6 ) , the most noticeable feature was how dry the valley landscape was and how low the water levels are for this time of year . No surprise that there is a grass / brush fire warning out as lots of sand and old leaves blowing around in the valley . Check out the water level in Saco River .
Attachments
nh 6.jpg
nh 6.jpg (67.28 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Untitled 1.jpg
Untitled 1.jpg (77.07 KiB) Viewed 907 times
nh5.jpg
nh5.jpg (51.67 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Anthony

Postby jamesdeluxe » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 am

How much was skiable?
jamesdeluxe

Postby Anthony » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:15 pm

On Friday ( April 6 ) they were reporting 15 trails open and 2 lifts turning. Basically there were 2 options from the summit. Your choice of 2 meandering trails , one on skiers right and one on skiers left and as you approached the bottom half you had a few more options to head back to the lift . So taking in trail sections about 15 trails open .
Anthony

Return to Eastern North America