Greek Peak is making snow!!

Powderqueen

They may be opening on Friday.

Hopefully all the press didn't scare off too many pass purchases. I always buy mine in the spring. I was not worried. They have to open. The place can make money if only it is managed better.

Hopefully they got a better marketing director. Seems like their Facebook page is finally doing something.

GreekPeakMountainResort

And their webcam page is showing some action

http://greekpeakmtnresort.com/the-mountain/live-webcams/

So happy to see that they are making snow on Iliad first. The last few years they made snow on Eleysian Fields. That is a tough trail for some. Iliad is better for a wider range of skiers. Since the management doesn't ski much, they really didn't know that. They even changed the ratings on the trails once, which made no sense at all, making Iliad a black diamond (was a blue square) and Fields stayed a blue square. Fields is steeper and has a double fall line, which makes it harder for the intermediate skier. Just another indication of the ignorance of the management at the skier level.

The good news is that everything is looking better, from the marketing to the snowmaking strategy. Hopefully they got some good people on staff to make it a great season for Greek Peak! I will be there at week's end.

Just make sure the lake effect gets the glades open by the holiday for me...

This is where we place our orders isn't it?

Back