Mont Tremblant December 19-20

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in eastern US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Mont Tremblant December 19-20

Postby mitch28 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks to the storm earlier this week, Tremblant is in better shape than usual for this time of year. Most of the north side is open, with the exception of steeper runs like Expo, Dynamite, Buzz and Cossack. Conditions were pretty good over the past two days. The groomers were smooth with little ice, and the ungroomed runs had soft snow, with moguls starting to form and not too many rocks. The upcoming storm hitting the east coast is supposed to drop a lot of snow in Tremblant, so tomorrow and Saturday should be good.
mitch28

Re: Mont Tremblant December 19-20

Postby jamesdeluxe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:02 am

Which percentage of the terrain will be open for Xmas week?
jamesdeluxe

Postby mitch28 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:28 am

Right now they have around half of their runs open, but if we get all the new snow they're calling for I wouldn't be surprised if they open up at least 80% of their runs for the weekend, if not more. They started running the Soleil chair yesterday to clean it off so that's probably a sign that they're almost ready to open that side. I hope the Edge opens for tomorrow.
mitch28

Postby Anthony » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:08 am

Should be epic in the Laurentians and I do not use that word lightly. Will be out there tomorrow morning heading for the old haunts. Already this morning reports are of 6 ". Ski season has begun -Finally :-D
Anthony

Return to Eastern North America