Pico Mtn 12/15/2012

Pfunkride

We wanted to get our passes all squared away on opening day, with hopes that one day, we will be gunning down Rt 4 in a blizzard to catch first tracks @Pico!
We were surprised at the lack of snowmaking in the normal locations. Normally you see snow making on expressway and swinger, which are the more family oriented, green trails right under the Golden quad.
However, they had full top to bottom skiing from the Summit quad to the base lodge! Granted, it was only 49’er all the way down, but hey, they were turns.
Basically, they have the steeper top of 49’er, which turns into lower pike at the summit quad lift, all they way to the base lodge. We ended up just riding the golden, lower quad til 2 with the great sunshine. I love all the little bumps and rollers in the trail. It gives us ‘loopy’ snowboards a little something to play on.

We really loved the new fire-pit in the front of the base lodge! We are going to blow up that spot this year.

Oh, i got a new camera and will post a little vid off my new helmet cam later.

I know it’s been a while since my last 2009 post. I’m still shredding Pico and backcountry on weekends so feel free to say “hey!”

pfunk

Back