Greek Peak, NY 12-27-12

EMSC

Powder poach.

Too much to say today given I'm trying to write this on a tablet. Woke to only 8-9" of new snow (while big Al had the marketing team claim 10-12"). After much slow deliberation and getting plans for the kids, my brother and I made it out on the hill about 10:30. Now while we had missed opening bell on the chair 1 runs, GP is so poorly run that the other lifts were just opening by then with other possibilities of powder.

We took 1 up to get us over to the Trojan chair. Realizing along the way that the new snow was very dense stuff. Certainly not rocky mtn powder. Given that only 2 or 3 trails have had any sowmaking the trails open/closed list was a bit odd. As did nearly every decent skier on the hill, we simplys skied what looked good. Hercules - like the run - but skied mediocre today. Kind of rocky/bumpy. Zeus (3 runs), was the choice of the day. Skied really well and 2 of the runs were in powder.

Another run in what used to be a good glade was poor. Where the heck are the local glade keepers? Several of us used to keep things in shape but clearly not any more (well that was 20 or so years ago). Atlas was ok, but too bramble-y. Second best of the day was olympian. Surprisingly good coverage for having been skied out much earlier in the day.

The triple chair never opened - rumor that it was down for mechanical issues and would not open friday either... sounds like GP to not even check a lift prior to needing it. By 1:30 we ditched as 1a lift had stopped for a long time and the line was huge. Given the management abaout as good a day as GP has probably delivered in recent seasons.

Took a fair # of pics which I'll get up in a couple of days.

Image00010.jpg

Image00011.jpg

Image00012.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Image00014.jpg

Image00015.jpg

Image00016.jpg

Image00017.jpg

Image00019.jpg

Image00021.jpg

Image00022.jpg

Image00023.jpg