Sugarbush 2013-01-11

admafw

Day 2 of the mini trip - Sugarbush, Vermont. It was "Ski & Ride with the Point" day at Sugarbush so the day started with a brief side trip to the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters store in Waterbury to pickup our buttons & coupon book. (Plus bags of coffee for me.) Neither my youngest nor my neice had skied Sugarbush before so I took it easy on them for a few runs before I took them over to the Castlerock lift. With legs still a little sore from the previous day at Whiteface, skiing the bumps on Middle Earth was not pretty.
IMG_5068 (Small).JPG
IMG_5069 (Small).JPG

The top of Sugarbush had excellent conditions. At the lower elevations there were some icy patches in high traffic areas and some of the man-made snow had almost a 'plastic" feel underneath once the natural top snow had been skied off. Still, a great day of skiing with family (day 2 of my season) and the half price lift tickets don't hurt either.

We got off the mountain around 3:30 and hit the rain just south of Waterbury. The girls insisted that we detour to Ben & Jerry's on the way back to the hotel in Burlington (reliving part of a family trip to Stowe in 2003) so I took them to the Cabot Cheese Annex as well. By the time we got back to the hotel the car was stuffed with bags of coffee, pounds of cheese and multiple bottles of cognac. (For me - $39 at the Vermont state liquor store, $89 at the Ontario provincial liquor store.) In exchange for bringing back the booze, I treated the girls to dinner at the Vermont Pub & Brewery.

Plans are for a return trip to Vermont in late March (20-22) anchored by Ski & Ride with the Point day at Stowe March 22nd. It's going to be tough to ski the "mountains" of Ontario till then...

Back