powder day at Hunter

kingslug

No pics as I haven't even seen what they will look like it was snowing so hard. It dumped over a foot of somewhat heavy stuff..but who cares, the whole place was open and covered pretty well. The only trail I didn't hit was Annapurna as I didn't want to wreck the bases on the rocks. 44 was good but had pretty big ice moguls underneath, Clairs was the bomb. An interesting run was off hellgate to the right where 42nd street unofficialy starts, once you skied up a 3 foot lip you dropped into 2 feet of pow..awesome. Skied till 3 when it all of a sudden setup into cement...I'm sure today is a shit show as the place was pretty empty yesterday due to the insane road conditions, I spun out twice on the thruway and thank god no one was anywhere near me, there where wrecks everywhere along the way though, even a flipped tractor trailer...

I skied Hunter today..You silly boy , You should have skied Purna. It was incredible . That's why P-Tex and a torch were invented. 44 was a bit rocky , but who cares , so much fun. Every lift except the 6 pack was ski on..

I'm sunburned and smiling. By the way they were working on the truck this morning , lost 20mins because they closed the road.

Back