Mt. Ellen (Sugarbush) 2013-03-21

admafw

Hadn't skied this place since Ontario high school Spring Break 1978 - at that time Sugrbush had just purchased the place and renamed it "Sugarbush North." Their $30 Thursday deal got me back...

Conditions appeared to be at mid-winter peak. Going up the summit chair with a Ski Patroller (actually a boarder patroller) I could see fresh snow piled on the back of his helmet. He was telling me he'd managed to get his first couple of face shots of the season. (Oh the tireless early morning work our good patrollers do in making the runs safe for us tourists...) No doubt an epic day for locals in the know. Managed to find fresh lines at the edges of some of the natural snow runs (Lower FIS was one I remember.)

IMG_5093 (Medium).JPG

Early snow showers made way to bluebird skies. By later in the afternoon the lower elevation snow was starting to get a "sticky" packing snow feel. For safety's sake decided my best course of action was to work on my goggle tan while rehydrating with a couple of local beverages. (Stowe's up tomorrow, no sense completely burning out the legs today...)

Back