FTO Member Andyzee..We lost a good friend

Skidog

The community has lost a friend. I will be cross posting this to the eastern forum as that is where Andy was from.

Andy was an avid skier on the east coast. I believe mostly a Killington regular and all around Vt'er. Probably some hunter/ windham/platekill/etc thrown in the mix as well. I recall speaking with Andy via Facebook over the summer, when i responded to a post he made about some stomach issues he was having as of late. Excessive pharma, etc was discussed. In any event I didn't really see any further information on it until today. The news was grim. Andy has passed away. It appears from an infection, compounded by the recent diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.

For those that do not recall I lost my mother in law a year ago to the same evil cancer. Typically by the time its found, its way too late for anything but simply extending life for a short time. Andy was a very active man, 56, skier, hiker, and all around good guy. He lived his life to the fullest, but was way to young to leave us. The Utah FTO crew skied with him on his visits to Utah, and I believe Kingslug another FTO member skied with Andy frequently. This was a total shock to me and he will be sorely missed.

RIP Andyzee my you ski the steepest and deepest lines into eternity.

https://www.facebook.com/andy.zee.5

M

Thanks for posting this skidog.

I'll always think of Andy as a Killington/Plattekill guy.

Rest in peace, Funky Polak.

Back